Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome experience

Awesome afternoon on the water with Captain Tom, Matt and Lucy. A true hands-on experience. Learned... read more

Reviewed today
AtlantaMaryR
via mobile
Thoroughly enjoyed the lobster tour

This was one of the highlights of my time in Portland, Maine. I am so glad I went with Lucky Catch... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kristi K
Seattle, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Portland
from US$35.00
from US$45.00
from US$39.95
from US$47.00
More Info
All reviews lobster next door highlight of our trip captain and crew great trip fun experience visiting portland new england highly recommend this tour traps bait measures apron boat measuring cages pots
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2021

After decades of coming to Portland, Kennebunk, and other areas along the southern coast of Maine, we booked a mid-day trip with Lucky Catch Cruises on a stunning late-June Thursday. I honestly cannot think of a better way to enjoy being on the water in Casco Bay - listening to Captain Tom and his crew educate us about lobsters, and the coastal fisheries, and the wonderful ecosystem literally a stone's throw from my family's home. Writing this a couple of hours after our trip, my face still hurts from smiling so much, my belly aches from laughing so much, my hands stink of herring (lobster bait!), and my lord am I hungry for a lobster roll. Do not miss out on Lucky Catch - get out with them and make that highlight of your time in Portland!!!

1  Thank ColoradoSweater
Reviewed 21 June 2021 via mobile

We loved everything about this place. The boat , the staff the experience, we still wear all our lucky catch gear

1  Thank Ckl21
Reviewed 20 June 2021

This was favorite thing in Portland. It was a fun and interesting way to learn about lobster fishing (which felt important given that it's Maine), and it was great to be out on the water and we saw lighthouses and seals too. The crew were friendly and knowledgeable and great about including everyone on the boat with the different components of checking and baiting the traps.

1  Thank Bellerophon O
Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

Fantastic day on the water. The group that led us were knowledgeable, super friendly and we all learned a ton! We pulled in 8 lobsters and also went over and saw the seals! Highly recommend!

1  Thank traveler1146
Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

Our lobster cruise was on the smaller boat, and it was great. Our three children LOVED it. They had a chance to work with the traps, prepare bait, hold lobster and other sea creatures that were caught, and band the claws. The captain and guide were extremely knowledgeable and patient with our kids’ 65 questions. They even shared a good bit of history about various landmarks we passed. I definitely recommend.

1  Thank Eric L