“Fantastic Gelato”
Review of Gelato Rose

Gelato Rose
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Rockland
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was in Rockland in the afternoon, looking for a coffee or an ice cream and almost stopped at a few places. I'm so glad I waited until I found this gem. Friendly service and fantastic gelato. I've had a lot of ice cream that is called gelato in the states that did not do justice to the name--this gelato transported me to Italy. Try the Almond Caramel Roast Fig if they have it and you will fall in love! I almost loved the Hazelnut gelato. Wish I lived nearby!

DownHomeMaine, Owner at Gelato Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you so much! I'm glad our gelato has transformational qualities. We love happy customers. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

The owner and her mom make it on the premises. I had samples of several before settling on the sea salt caramel. My kids has the s'mores. We couldn't have been happier.

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

They were closing up but welcomed us in anyway....delicious traditional flavors and some REALLY interesting and tasty new combinations! We actually got to see them making a new batch as well....lots of pride and passion about what they do! Please visit you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Maura M
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Very large and delicious servings. Very crowded, but they seem to have a system so everyone is served promptly. We were amazed at the size of the small cones.

1  Thank abkovacs
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Skillful and fresh. Fabulous flavors with a bright summery look and feel.
A great addition to downtown Rockland, Me.

1  Thank David G