“Delicious gelato and great advice!”
Review of Gelato Rose

Gelato Rose
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Rockland
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

All the gelato is homemade with very interesting flavors. The woman serving us also was a great resource on the area and gave us great advice on islands to visit. Great gelato - if you want ice cream when in Rockland go here!

1  Thank LJ F
DownHomeMaine, Owner at Gelato Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write on our behalf. I hope you enjoyed that special island! :)

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Loved the Nutella Crunch! Tasted just like the gelato in Italy. Owner is super friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Unexpectedly fantastic. Easily the best gelato/ice cream we've had in Maine. Saved us from icy , bland, or overly fatty imitators.

Every flavor we tried was exemplary. We came to Rockland a few weeks after a trip to Bologna Italy and not an over-exaggeration to say Gelato Rose was competitive with the better gelaterias there.

One more reason next summer can't come soon enough!!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Fig still has my heart. It is emancipatingly good so unlike
anyplace else. It's is a bright and sunny place with espresso
to have with the gelato like in Italy. Sit for a moment in the sun
and watch Rockland go by. It's summer so eat quickly and then
get another. Why ever not.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was in Rockland in the afternoon, looking for a coffee or an ice cream and almost stopped at a few places. I'm so glad I waited until I found this gem. Friendly service and fantastic gelato. I've had a lot of ice cream that is called gelato in the states that did not do justice to the name--this gelato transported me to Italy. Try the Almond Caramel Roast Fig if they have it and you will fall in love! I almost loved the Hazelnut gelato. Wish I lived nearby!

DownHomeMaine, Owner at Gelato Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you so much! I'm glad our gelato has transformational qualities. We love happy customers. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know!