Boardwalk Inn(Rumford)
No View Farm(Rumford)
Hotel Rumford(Rumford)
Hotel Harris(Rumford)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Even with the bathroom door closed the whole unit reeked. The hot water faucet was broken. Took several flushes for toilet to work at all. Did not even dare look at shower. Staff was not helpful at all when I realized on the way home I had left my diamond wedding band, the only place it could be was that room. They were evasive and unhelpful and totally unsympathetic to my distress at losing something that can never be replaced. Would never recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 220Sue
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This place is the WORST motel I have ever been to in my life. STAY AWAY!
I understand old and worn. A motel does not need to be new to be good. It DOES need to be CLEAN. I should have ran when the heat did not work. I should have ran when the manager put a defective portable heater in my room that had a shorted and burned out electrical cord. I should have run when the managers dinner (curry and onions) permitted my room. I should have run when the wall mounter hair direr was busted. I should have run but foolishly I did not. If I did I would have never seen the foot wide staircase that leads to the second floor or the collapsing second floor walkway. DON'T STOP. SLEEP IN YOUR CAR!

Room Tip: Filthy worn rooms the worst place imaginable
Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark n Sonja B
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stopped at this motel on a very rainy evening when further travel became to difficult. The person at the desk was friendly enough but that was the only highlight of the stay. The room I was assigned was around the rear of the building where there was vary poor lighting. The room was difficult to locate as there was not light to read the room numbers. Once I found the room it was very difficult to open the door...due to lack of maintenance. The carpet on the floor should have been replaced 10 years ago. The toilet in the bathroom had a 10 degree list to the right...what a thrill. The beds were rather uncomfortable as the mattresses had seen better days. We were entertained by an old type 19 inch television that yo could not operate with the remote control provided.

Room Tip: Pass on by.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The descriptions of those who rated this place as terrible sum it up pretty well. But those giving it a one-star rating strongly overrated it. This is the most dilapidated excuse for a motel I have ever seen, and I have travelled all over the world. The only redeeming fact is that you can be sure that there are no bugs in this motel because even bugs wouldn't stay there.

Lastly, the picture shown on this site IS NOT the Rumford Linnell Motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joel D
Reviewed 23 June 2013

There is NOTHING good to say about this disgusting piece of crap that claims to be a AAA certified motel.
The room was filthy, the carpet was rotting, the smell was overpowering and the mattress obviously had been acquired at the town dump.
We turned around and left before we contracted some exotic disease.
I missed the review from Maine04032 and paid with my CC when I arrived BEFORE I saw the room. Now I have to fight with the owner to get their charge reversed.

Room Tip: Best tip to get a good room: Keep driving and pick ANY OTHER motel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple