Linnell Motel & Rest Inn Confrence  Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rumford
Linnell Motel & Rest Inn Confrence Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rumford
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I made a reservation within 48 hours of needing a place to stay. This hotel made me give them my credit card number to hold the reservation. Within 24 hours of the time of my reserved date. I canceled my reservation. The front office staff stated that I did not give them a 48 hour notice and that my credit card would be charged. I told the front office that I had booked the hotel within the 48 hours. The front office staff told me that he would talk to the office manager and see if he could cancel the charge. He also told me that he would call me back before charging my card.
BOTTOM LINE: I had to pay for a hotel room that I never used.

Room Tip: DONT give this hotel your credit card number - you will end up paying for a hotel room - It doesn...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jolene M

Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

I would give this place a negative 3 star rating. I agree with the other review saying to sleep in the car.

Moss and soft spots on the balcony, narrow stairs thatake 90 degree turns, random microwaves outside a few rooms, phone in drawer ( did not work).

Horrible place!!!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Myself, my cousin & a friend pulled in after a long day on the road driving from Nova Scotia. It was late evening & we were tired. We didn't want to drive any more.

We considered another place in downtown Rumford but quickly dismissed it. From the outside it didn't look inviting, looked more like a crack den.

First thing that got my attention when we pulled in-there was an ATV in a parking spot & a tractor mower in another spot. Those were the only ?vehicles? parked out front at the time. We took a room around the back on the second floor. It was dark & creepy back there, only 1 dim light in the parking area. At night this motel has a creepy isolated feel to it. I found myself looking around a lot, felt nervous. We had to be careful going up & down the narrow steep stairs in the dark. Easy to fall if not paying attention. The second floor wooden walkway had a covering on it that seemed rumpled in places. The next morning it turned out the rumpled areas was moss! The end of the walkway beside our room had some soft areas-it felt like the floor could give way. Good thing that end room was not in use.

This might have been a good motel in the 70's & 80's but not now. The property is old & worn. Seriously needs updating/upgrading. The red shag carpet in our room dates back to the 70's. The TV is the old tube type that goes back at least to the 80's. No security chain for the door-a rope loop around the doorknob acted as the security chain. Even the locking mechanism on the doorknob didn't feel secure. The toilet was hesitant to flush. There was a bad outhouse type odor for a short time-wondered if it was the aftermath from someone using the toilet in the adjoining room or a plumbing problem. No phone in sight in the room-we found it in a drawer the next morning & figured out why it was there-it didn't work. The bathroom door didn't lock.

On the positive side, there were no bedbugs. We were worried about this & did check for them. The WiFi worked reasonably well until shortly after midnight when it suddenly stopped working-we figured the staff shut it down for the night. The coffee was good.

We were charged $80US for the room-too much. The room was not worth more than half that price. Very poor value for what we paid.

Room Tip: If you have no other choice but to stay here, take a room at the back. They are quieter & a litt...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank robby66789
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were 3 tired bikers stayed here. Riding our motorcycles all day long and we were tired. Nothing else around in this area. The wives were not with us so it was ok. When we pulled up on our motorcycle in the evening we were the first people there. She gave us the largest room at the back of the hotel. I think it was around $90 Dollars and she would give us an extra cott. For bikers it was just ok by my standards. My wife would never never stay here. I asked the lady how she stayed in business she told me the company just pays her money and here daughter lives with here there. Place is dark and dingy.. Smell of something. Perhaps of urine.
The place needs to be closed down and reopened again.. Air it out.
In our room had old carpets old tv. We had to leave the window open for air. Would not stay here again. Breakfast in the morning was ok but we went to macdonalds down the street. My Butt was sore so we couldn't ride any more...we only seen one lady in the place..And guess what? It had good Wifi...
Happy Travels

Room Tip: Go to the room and smell it first..never prebook here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rockon99
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The woman who took my reservation butchered my name, after 3 attempts at spelling it.
My order confirmation listed my state twice, two different spellings, no town.
Kindly offered a coffeemaker in our room, but then had no filters for it.
Although I drink my coffee black, the poor woman next to me couldn't find a creamer that hadn't soured.
Yes, they had WiFi, but after they reset the modem five times, I gave up. Even when it worked it was S-L-O-W.
Our non-smoking room was fundamentally clean. But the tub's edge, and toilet seat were permanently stained with cigarette burns. The toilet seat was old, and the material it was made out of was split and scarred.
We arrived later at night, the parking lot was icy, and unsanded--not well plowed.
Next morning, still unsanded, and unplowed.
The carpeting was rust colored...remember the '70's? Dingy, in desperate need of replacing.
My husband's home town, we were visiting a sick relative, so grudgingly stayed because it was convenient. But never again.

Room Tip: Had a second floor room. No elevator...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple