1,514 results
All reviewsmassage chairthe outdoor heated poolhot tubyear roundattached restaurantrestaurant next doorgreat poolroom was cleanfree breakfastdowntown portlandwafflesnew englandking roomeasy accesswould stay here againcookiesstaff was friendly
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Although the décor was a bit tired, we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. The outdoor heated pool was just fantastic even with temps. in the 60,s. Large hot tub was a welcome retreat. Cookies at check-in and available coffee was just what we needed after driving all day. Breakfast room was a bit crowded, but wide range of food. Great value, especially during the week!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Lois, thank you for your recent stay with us at the Best Western Merry Manor Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport, but it is far enough away that you don't have to hear planes in the night.
This place had the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. I drove into town late at night to pick up a friend from the airport, and we slept here before tackling the three hour drive back to my hometown.
We didn't use any of the amenities on this trip, but I plan to book here again for my friend's flight home.
The only difficulty I had was spotting the hotel in the dark. Coming from the Turnpike Approach, my GPS told me to turn left at the intersection when I actually should have gone straight through to enter the parking lot. Their sign by the road was not lit, which was why I didn't spot it. The next morning when we checked out, it looked like they were in the process of installing a new sign, so it shouldn't be an issue now.
Thanks for the good nights rest!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Jessie, thank you for your recent stay. Yes! We just installed a new sign with digital reader board. We are very excited about the new sign on the hotel and at the entrance. Hopefully you won't miss us next time!

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way back to Boston. After reading reviews & acquiring a decent price online, I booked a room. From the start, it was a great experience. The young lady working the front desk was very friendly & welcoming. The room was much nicer than expected. My husband fell in love with the massage chair! The room was overall clean & comfortable. The continental breakfast was better than expected with hot items like eggs, corned beef hash, bacon, etc. As well as the standard cold stuff.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Christina, we are pleased that you and your husband were pleasantly surprised by our hotel. Many travelers read "older" hotel and think it is not up to par. But we know how hard our staff works to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for our guests. Many comment how great their stay was and that they will be back. We must be doing something right! We are happy your husband had a chance to enjoy the massage chair. Not all the rooms have them, just a handful of the King rooms. We hope you will think about returning, maybe for Columbus Day weekend!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Hotel was clean and the service was good...the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was average...typical breakfast food for this type of hotel. This hotel needs a little updating. Nice pool and hot tub. Easy to get to. Would probably stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Paul, I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean and service good. I would have to respectfully disagree that the breakfast food was "typical". We have a state of the art espresso machine that you will not find in most hotels and so many options to choose from. Most complimentary continental breakfast have stale Danish and coffee, or a box of cereal. We are always making updates and changes to the hotel and restaurant. We hope to have you back to check them out!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

My wife and I stopped in for one night on our trip up the Maine coast. Hotel was nice. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, shower was good. Breakfast was also good. Didn't really use many of the other conveniences of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for dropping in for a good night's rest. We hope you and your wife will visit us again when you can enjoy the heated outdoor pool or dinner at our restaurant, The Maine Table.