“Long Walk for not much of anything”

Portland Breakwater Lighthouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Unusual lighthouse designed after Greek monuments.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I was told prior to going to the light house that I could definitely get inside. That didn't happen. After walking all the way out there I was quite disappointed to find that all I could do is look at the outside and the water. Being afraid of heights and bad feet the walk out there was NOT worth it.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Easy paths to access lighthouse and nearby metal ship structure with free parking in between. There is park nearby so you can also have walk or sit and relax and enjoy view of ocean and nearby marina/boats.

1  Thank Seasidesewing
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I wrote a review of Bug Light Park, of which this lighthouse is part. See that review. This is a great place to relax and I go there quite often.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I would recommend a visit easy to get too , lots of free parking , many walks near by stunning scenery weather can be very changeable when we arrived it was very misty and within minutes perfect sunshine

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Our b&b hosts took us on a tour of some of the Maine Lighthouses. We were so happy that we got to visit this one. The history of the lighthouse, and the ability to walk around on the lighthouse walk made it a very nice one to visit.