“Very very good Mexican food, outstanding guacamole, and excellent service.”
Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #19 of 156 Restaurants in South Portland
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped in just for appetizers, we had a good hot cheese dip, a terrific cerveche, And an incredible, made freshly at the table, guacamole to die for. She was born in Texas but said list of some of the best Mexican food That she ever had. Our service were prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and polite. We really enjoyed it and will be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I recently stayed near the Maine Mall and had a hankering for Mexican food. I checked the locations and reviews and decided on El Rodeo. I chuckle now having read some of the reviews who the writer did not know if this was authentic Mexican food or not; it was delicious whatever. Well. having lived in Arizona, I can tell you that this is indeed authentic Mexican food and it is delicious! I did take-out and early as I was, the restaurant was already pretty busy. I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas Verde, shredded chicken in corn tortillas with a tomatillo sauce. It was just beautifully spiced, neither to mild nor too hot; left a very pleasant sensation in my mouth. The rice was equally well flavored. What I really appreciated and have never seen before is that the non-heated components like lettuce tomato sour cream and extra cheese where given to me in a separate container. No cooked lettuce for this dish. And the takeout order also included warm tortilla chips and salsa. I will go there again next time I am visiting South Portland.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Just had a wonderful lunch my wife and I the bar tender was really good waiting other people, us and filing orders .I had cheese steak burrito which was filling with great flavor,my wife had shrimp fajitas which were very tasty .We will definitely go back .

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I feel this is the best Mexican restaurant in The Portland area. Immediately they serve you free fresh tortilla chips and salsa. Pay extra for their homemade guacamole. Prices are on the low side and their large margheritta at $4.99 after 3pm is a real bargain. Service is usually quite fast.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The food was freshly prepared, tasted incredible and the value was very good.

I had carnitas tacos and my husband had beef were delicious. the salsa is very good.

It would have rated a 5, but our server was clearly not interested in us. He was very jovial with the table next to it and it appeared he knew them so we knew he was capable of good service... just not to us. Too bad..