“No chips”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017

The food was very well prepared and tasty.
I missed the chips. Bread and salsa were brought to the table.
Ask for a corn tortilla if you prefer corn or you will get flour. And the corn tortillas did not taste like they are made on site. I did not ask.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We enjoyed a nice dinner with attentive service. Reservation highly recommended. Started with Margaritas, which were very good. Rather than chips and dip, they service fresh bread and dip, really enjoyed the green dip. Started with Tongue appetizer that was excellent and large enough to share. The women had the Pork Yacatecan, I had the Shrimp Chile Rellenos Combination and he had the straight CR dish. We all enjoyed the pork dishes a lot and both thought the CR was a little to different to full enjoy. I also found the portion small and not very filling. I should have gotten the beef short rib and will the next time we return.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We went to XYZ on Sunday night and we hope to go back our last night of vacation- it was such a festive, delicious meal! We started with a delicately flavored warm crab casserole appetizer, followed by the best chili rellenos I've ever eaten and chicken in a fantastic mole sauce. We finished with Mexican coffee today n a cute little glass and some decadent chocolate ice cream pie.its only open Friday Saturday and Sunday so we hope we get our reservations for our return visit. The staff were kind, helpful and professional. I wish we had this jewel in North Carolina!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Four of us went for dinner. We all shared an appetizer that we thoroughly enjoyed. All "plates" are $26.00 with about 6-7 choices. I had the Cochintos pork with beans. The definite winner was the Costilla, a slow roasted beef short rib. Pleasant staff and nice atmosphere, attached porch was open. Despite being busy we were served in a reasonable amount of time. Be sure and get reservations, this place filled right up even though we had an early dinner

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The best Margaritas in town..this is not your typical taco bell type food..it is very well prepared, complex and authentic. Reservations only..if they are booked ask for a seat at the bar.

1  Thank Peg I