“A must!”

Quietside Cafe and Ice Cream Shop
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Locally owned Family Run Cafe and Ice Cream shop. 19 Years providing great homemade foods with fast friendly service
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We ate at Quietside for breakfast, dinner and ice cream. It’s so delicious! They have enormous calzones and cookies that were a hit for our kids.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We started with dinner, a grilled BBQ chicken sandwich which was prepared specially for me, with mashed potatoes. The cole slaw was delicious too. I got a HUGE, warm chocolate chip cookie. My husband got a turkey club which eh thoroughly enjoyed.
He finished off his meal with a slice of heavenly blueberry pie, which he loved! The owner was lovely and welcomed each of her guests personally. It's quick, home made and not expensive. You can eat inside or outside. Don't need to dress up either.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We loved the Quietside Cafe and ate there several times during our stay in Southwest Harbor. Frances and her staff always gave us a warm welcome and went out of their way to make us happy and feed us well. By the time we left after 5 days, we were feeling like family! You simply must try Frances's famous blueberry pie! (And you really should try the apple pie and the key lime, too, because they are all delicious!) We kept making excuses to come back to try all the kinds of pie, but there were plenty of other reasons to keep coming - and all delicious. We particularly loved the friendly, welcoming atmosphere, and noticed that we were not the only ones who frequented the place. There was always a crowd every evening for the ice cream as well. Frances has a well-deserved reputation for her pies, but all the food is good, and the staff were all so sweet and friendly. It was always a pleasure to eat there.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My wife ordered ONE scoop of chocolate & and ONE scoop of coffee ice cream. The server said she couldn't mix flavors in a small cup so she'd have to put it in a large cup. Okay, so put it in a large cup. But then the woman digs out two scoops of chocolate and two scoops of coffee -- FOUR SCOOPS when we asked for two. Then when I gave my credit card to pay, she was just about to stick it into the chip reader when suddenly she started begging me to pay with cash. Fortunately I had a little cash so I used it, but I had preferred to put it on my card. Weird bureaucracy for an ice cream store -- especially with the tricky policy of selling us four scoops for two.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I visited my daughter and her family two weeks ago and specifically requested we have Quietside's seafood pizza for dinner. I hadn't had it before but heard good things about it. It was amazing!! I am heading back to Southwest Harbor next week and am definitely having it again. My daughter and family wait every year for them to open after the long winter and let me know they've had their first Island Pizza of the year!!