“Good food but a little noisy and slow”
Review of Red Sky

Red Sky
Price range: US$22 - US$33
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals but service was slow on a not hugely busy night and bread had to be asked for 4 times before it finally appeared half way through the main course. Lots of motion from the staff but a distinct lack of coordination. Very expensive for not getting it quite right.

1  Thank robroy18

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I wanted a very nice meal, so we made reservations for tonight at Red Sky. I eat out a lot at upscale restaurants and have never been treated like I was tonight. When I made the reservation, I made it for six people. We sat down and ordered dessert for the four children, an appetizer, and two entrees for ourselves. Before the food came, the manager or owner, Elizabeth, came to our table and scolded me for not telling her when I made the reservation that there were four children who would not be ordering off the menu. She had turned down many requests for reservations and had made a certain amount of food based on the expected number of patrons. I understand that, but I have three problems with this. First, she should have waited to tell me that when we were leaving in a much nicer way like," Next time, please let us know if you have children" instead of telling me in the beginning and ruining our meal. I wanted to walk out because of her rudeness in her timing and also stating it not once, but three times. I apologized twice. Secondly, it is her responsibility as host when taking reservations to ask if there are any children. I didn't think to provide that information because we did order something for each child. Lastly, three tables sat vacant from 5:30 - 6:30 pm that could have been filled.

The food was all right, but not great. The smoked salmon appetizer was very good but the lobster risotto was just okay and the crab cakes were above average. No complaint on the service, but we will never step foot in this restaurant again because of the rude owner. This could have been handled in a much nicer and professional way. So disappointed!

5  Thank drileyTexas
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our food was very tasty, I had the lobster risotto which was excellent. We were seated at 8:00, our apps hit the table at 9:00, and our mains at around 9:45. All the food was hot and delicious, and all the tables around us were waiting equally long, so it is not as though they forgot our order -- just a long process to get food -- be prepared to wait.

1  Thank hbnem
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Our resevation for 6 people was made four days in advance. All six people were listing on speaker phone and we we confirmed but when we arrived they had no record of the resevation. I showed her a recored on my cell phone but she shuffeled through a stack of papers and said she could not find it. People made mistakes but her adittude was very rude. We have been going to Southwest harbor for five years and this is the only time anyone was this rude. Only when we said we would not return ever did she start shuffling throgh the disaray stack of papers. Later I fould out I could have used open table and that would have worked I am sure.

5  Thank canddconnors
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Wow this is amazing food at a very reasonable price given what you're getting don't miss this. We have the famous Lobster risotto which was out of this world. I would come back to go Here!