“Nice place ”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Read all the reviews so decided to give it a try. It was just ok. Very good but wished we went back to Red Sky. Good cocktails. Need reservation.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We simply LOVE Sips. The food is the best. Their happy hour is the best. Their lobster crepes are to die for, but their different risottos and crepes are also fantastic. They have wonderful salads too. Reservations are a must, as the seating area is small. We always eat at Sips 2 or 3 times every summer while we're here on vacation. Their breakfasts are delicious too.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

A casual place, friendly and homey, great food and great service. We were there for dinner, which was delicious, but we've heard that the lunch menu sandwiches are fantastic as well

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Unfortunately, we were not able to get in to Sips for dinner while we were in SWH this year despite trying to make reservations early in the day of our final eve in SWH. We were able to get in for breakfast the morning we were leaving (after about a 25 minute wait) and the breakfast was very good. Our server was new on the job (her first day) but she was excellent! She makes an excellent Bloody Mary! Hopefully we will be able to get in to Sips for dinner the next time we are in SWH.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Since my last review, we've been back twice- on separate vacations. Last time, we ordered one of the basic eggs and toast items. The meal went fairly well. This year, I ordered a bowl of oatmeal and a ready made cheese and spinach pastry. My husband ordered a cheese and chorizo omelette. The place was filled up, and the noise level was so bad that my husband had to lean over and shout in my ear to be heard. We were waited on fairly quickly and got coffee, but then we waited for our order. It took a half hour for our order to arrive. Meanwhile, we ran out of coffee. We saw our server bring a refill to another close table, but then she turned around and took the carafe back without looking to see who else needed a refill. My husband took our cups and refilled them at the take out coffee station by the door. Just as he was returning to the table, our waitress ran over with the carafe and asked us if we needed a refill (which of course, we didn't)!. Tables around us were all waiting for food, as usual. Small children were starting to shriek and get antsy, which added to the din. My oatmeal finally came with a little cup of brown sugar-a nice touch, but there was no milk with it. There was a very small pitcher of cream for the coffee on the table, but a bowl of thick steel cut oatmeal needs much more. The server asked if there was anything else? I asked what about the milk and my missing pastry? She looked surprised, and left to inquire. My husband's omelette was not as warm as he would have liked, but after the wait, didn't want another wait. Our own waitress returned with a pitcher of milk, and said she had warmed it up for me. She also had the missing pastry, which was microwaved so hot that it burned my tongue. The prices are reasonable compared to other places on the island for basic toast and eggs and pastry, but the service continues to be poor. The pastries are good, but are not made there. They are available at the register. The oatmeal is good. This would probably be the best rainy day place in S.W. Harbor, but there are better breakfast experiences to be had, otherwise.