Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast
US$139
US$87
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$109
Drake's Island Resort(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$103
The Beach Rose Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$61
Village by the Sea(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$219
US$186
Agoda.com
US$129
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$215
Agoda.com
All reviewseggs benedicteleanor rooseveltgracious hostschocolate chip cookiesblueberry breadnew englandwonderful staybreakfast was deliciousevery morningold friendsfeel like familybeautiful roomcan't wait to go backogunquit playhousefirst floormichaeldachshund
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This B&B has it all. It is in Wells, by the border of Ogunquit. Michael and Bill are superb hosts who offer a warm welcome along with information and literature on the area.

Cookies and tea are available 24/7 in a dining room with a fireplace and an exposed beam ceiling. The house dates to 1814.

Coffee and baked goods are available at 8 am in the glass enclosed porch, followed by a cooked breakfast in the dining room starting at 8:30 am.

The decor is tasteful with attention to detail, similar to what is found in a fine historic hotel.

Our room, Littlefield, named for the builder, is on the second floor. Stairs are narrow and steep, typical of older homes, but manageable.

If you have difficulty with stairs book the Eleanor Roosevelt room on the first floor. The former First Lady stayed here while visiting her daughter-in-law perform at the Ogunquit Playhouse.

Other guests have included celebrities who performed in the nearby Ogunquit Playhouse. Michael and Bill can tell you more about this.

If you do not typically stay in B&Bs or older houses do not hesitate to stay here. It feels more like an inn.

While you might hear a creak in the floor, part of the charm in my opinion, it is meticulously maintained and immaculate. Tastefully decorated but not overly fussy.

We will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaFasteson
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for one night. I had stopped staying in B+Bs because of a few bad experiences. I’m so glad my husband insisted I try again. Micheal and Bill were the nicest hosts. They clearly enjoy what they do. The room we had was perfect. Beautifully appointed. It had everything we needed. I will absolutely be back here again.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Loisnd
hgh123, Owner at Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for the lovely review it was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you both. We hope to see you again for another stay in the future, until then please take care.

Warmest Regards,
Michael, Bill & Bentley

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I could not recommend this place more! I'm a sucker for antique furniture and a home-cooked breakfast but this place went beyond expectations. My boyfriend and I decided to do a weekend getaway after a long, busy summer. He is more of a "hotel kinda guy", but being British, I like the quaint B&Bs with character. He openly agreed to let me find us a place and I could not have hit the jackpot more. We were instantly charmed by the cozy atmosphere, and hosts Bill and Mike felt like old friends within seconds of meeting. The place was spotless and carefully put together with love down to the last detail. We had everything we needed. The room had a TV, fireplace, fridge, bottle opener, wine glasses, soap, shampoo & conditioner. The towels were soft, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and and every inch of the room felt warm and inviting. Breakfast was fabulous! Home cooked specials every day with endless cakes, fruit, tea, coffee and juice. Despite the weather, we had a wonderful time exploring the local towns (Ogunquit, Wells, Kenebunkport) and got great recommendations from Bill and Mike on places to go. We chatted with them every morning, and even got a chance to say hi to their adorable rescue dachshund Bentley. We will be going back next year for sure, and hopefully every year. Thank you Bill and Mike for the most amazing experience! This is the first time I've ever written a review but I felt compelled to tell the world what an honor it was to spend the weekend in this lovely home. Four thumbs up and five stars!

Room Tip: One or more of the rooms does not have a private bathroom, if that's important to you, make sure you check before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank larissa d
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This B&B deserves more stars than what is available. I think I can blame Michael and Bill for the 3 pounds that I gained during my stay. The breakfasts were simply WONDERFUL. In fact, they were so filling (if you ate everything offered) that you didn't have to nibble on anything until dinner.
But there is more to the superb quality of this B&B. The rooms are well appointed, The beds are fantastic, the showers are steady and hot, but there is more:
Michael and Bill ! Two of the most charming, welcoming and funny hosts my wife and I have ever had the succinct pleasure of meeting a long time ago and re-connecting on this trip to Maine.
They remember your names, they are happy to see you, they offer great restaurant suggestions (Joshua's), they are enjoyable and sympathetic in their conversations but most importantly, they love what they do and they do it with a true happiness and joy, which is contagious. So whatever you do and whenever you go to Wells, make sure you try to get into this superb center of pure hospitality

Room Tip: Listen to the reccomendations of Michael & Bill when it comes to dining out in the area
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dumos
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had a lovely stay at Michael and Bill's B&B. My husband and I visited Ogunquit for 3 nights and found this B&B very clean and beautifully decorated with a delicious cooked breakfast every morning. Michael and Bill were very welcoming and were available whenever we had questions. We will definitely go back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the blue front room and it did not have a bathroom in the room but it didn't matter because the bath was so close.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple