US$105
US$97
Agoda.com
NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort(Umina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

NRMA Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park(North Narrabeen)(Great Value!)
Mantra Ettalong Beach(Ettalong Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$102
  • Pool
US$86
Brooklyn Motel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
Quality Hotel Sands Narrabeen(Narrabeen)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$126
US$113
Hotels.com
All reviewsspecial occasionwedding anniversaryoystersfirst classspa bathspectacular viewsboutique hotelwhole experiencenorthern beachescroissantsan overnight stayprivate balconysecond to nonesydney seaplanesocean viewbreakfast was deliciousdining experience
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Breakfast at Jonahs was a special treat. The venue is bright and airy with plenty of natural light. The service team are excellent and the food always delicious. This morning we had the truffle eggs on toast and a spammer crab omelette and both were perfect. Breakfast includes pastries, fresh fruit, juice, tea and coffee. The ocean view is perfect as always and the team professional in every way.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina F
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Not quite sure how this is categorised a B&B (well breakfast is included in your overnight package so perhaps that's why?!) What is it, regardless, is a spectacular spot to enjoy a long lunch or get married in. I've done both!

If you are looking for a one-off, one of a kind venue for a wedding; this place is fabulous. We had ours there 2 years ago and everything was perfect. Food amazing, wines excellent and the service superb. All that with the most stunning backdrop imaginable; it's a special place to tie the knot.

Recently went back for an overnight and whilst everything wasn't quite as special as the first time; it's still pretty awesome. I think the menu choices didn't quite sit as well as they could have with us for our lunch, but the complimentary glass of Bolli was nice and the wine list that you could spend a week reading through is fantastic. The sommelier is very helpful and gets you to where you need. That backdrop though just makes it special. Do start a little earlier and take a seat out on the deck for your pre-lunch drink or after wedding ceremony bubbles. You'll not want to leave.

If you are staying, the rooms themselves are lovely (we've stayed in room 1 twice, which is the suite and it's cracking; spacious, comfortable and a lovely balcony to sit out on and just look out with a glass of something in hand). They are getting perhaps a little tired, but nothing in there is left to chance and all the accompaniments from the robes to the Molton Brown bathroom bits, all add those finishing touches to your B&B experience.

As for the &B, i.e. breakfast it's not as great as the Boathouse up at Palm Beach, it's still good, but again it's the setting that makes it what it is.

The whole staff are lovely and nothing is too much trouble. If it's a one-off dining experience, like an Icebergs in Bondi, you're wasting it if you do dinner as it's dark outside. Whilst its 1 hat means the food is good, it's the setting/view that makes it the place it is.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BondiRescued
Reviewed 7 May 2017

One of the most memorable of our trips. We were lucky to have brilliant weather to savour beautiful Sydney from the air and then our stay at Jonah's was the perfect complement. Lovely hotel with gorgeous views. The level of service was wonderful and so was the food. All in all the perfect start to our week.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We went for a Saturday lunch for a celebration and booked months in advance.

Took us about an 1hr 15min in medium traffic from the cbd to arrive.

The drive through the leafy and green northern beaches is very nice.

Upon arriving , there is limited parking (so check in advance), street parking is very limited (as its more like a local residents local access only type road, narrow and unfinished edges kind of road).

The location is lovely and the restaurant looks down towards the coast and whale beach.

There is limited seating and seating configuration in restaurant, the seating area is medium sized.

While we where there, there was probably 10 tables of 4, 4 booths (to accomodate 3-4 people each side) and 3 large tables (having 6-10 each side).

There is also an outside seating area , outside lounge area and they also cater for small functions (small
Weddings and alike).

Inside there is a break /lounge area (reminds me of a former smoking /library area from the heritage era).

I would personally have drinks and maybe shared plates outside , but not main meals , as it can be windy or cool (breeze from the coast/beach).

Lovely views of seaplanes operating , yachts, beach coastline and general coast scenery.

Obviously the views are a plus with Jonahs.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Interior is ok, a little dated . Some new paint and refurb wouldn't go astray . Has an older quaint seaside charm about it.

Now to the food. The food is seasonal and choices of 2/3/4 course and very reasonably priced for. 1-2 hatter restaurant. They have specials of the day (as most restaurants do to).

Drinks and alcohol are towards the expensive side.

Reasonable wine and drinks list, you can have selected/suggested wines with your menu at extra costs (like elsewhere).

For our entrees we had seafood , oysters and grilled scallops . Oysters came in a huge plate crushed ice and natural sydney oysters sitting on top with a white wine vinegarette , the other was grilled scallops. Both were lovely, fresh and tasty.

For mains we picked the pork loin dish , beef skirt and the special of the day which was baked lobster with cheese sauce (double check the price of the lobster if you get it , because of our waiting staff accent , we couldn't quite understand the pricing and even though lovely dish , I wouldn't of got it if the price /portion was explained.properly to us) or got so much food.

The pork loin was nice , tender , but lacked any substantial dressing or flavour (generous portion), the beef skirt (cooked medium) was tender , had flavour but also lacked any punch or wow factor.

The lobster (as most are) was large, meaty and fresh and was lovely to eat. Cheese sauce was light and subtle in flavour . Besides the price misunderstanding , it was a nice dish.

Desserts I think is where they need improvement (they can do so much more to showcase or provide better options).

We got the chocolate gateau and passion fruit soufflé . Both where ok, not really anything fantastic or wow. Soufflé was nice , and still warm.

I was disappointed with the gateau , the chocolate lacked any rich or delicate flavour , lots of choc sauce on plate . The cake slice tasted like cake that has been in fridge too long and the cold temp has killed any flavour (that was my feeling/taste anyway). I was personally dissatisfied with it , as I was looking forward to a rich velvety chocolate hit.

Overall , a lovely quaint restaurant with beautiful views , service was good and food was good , but no wow for me (besides the view).

I would go again a different season and try the menu, and would hope desserts are better next time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

So let me clarify - I have been here twice now and both times it was great - however the most recent visit was a little different to my first.

First visit (last year) was amazing with every course as good (if not better) than the last. The service was second to none as we had the same waiter for each course and the same waiter explaining the matching wines.

Second visit seemed a bit disjointed with about 5 different waiters serving us - but we did have the same person explaining the matching wines.

The food started off amazing but we both noticed a considerable decrease in the standard of the dessert. It was way too big, too rich, too much chocolate and nothing to cleanse the palate. Perhaps the yoghurt ice cream was there to assist......but it didn't.

I could barely touch mine - and I am a dessert person through and through.

We also were given a small box of chocolates as we didn't stay for the petit fours - and the chocolates were pretty tasteless and a non event.

I feel I should mention that our wine waiter had really really bad breath - so bad that I could smell it from the other side of the table - and my friend was mortified that he kept talking to her quite closely. We did think that he was, perhaps, eating the cheese that was on the cheese platter as his breath smelt a bit of that but worse. (Sorry! I don't mean to get personal but it did decrease our enjoyment level!)

I would like to say that the first course (not the amuse Bouche) but probably one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth. It was a type of cheese and it was totally awesome.

All in all - we will go back - but I would probably study the degustation menu a little harder before going with that simply because I want a dessert I can eat after so many courses.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends