“Meeting a friend”

The Frog and Turtle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Frog and Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Westbrook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: What is a gastro pub?” Gastronomy is the study of preparing and consuming food. A pub is a neighborhood spot for affordable food and good times. When you combine the two you get a neighborhood spot with a focus on food prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

As a relatively new vegetarian I’m always concerned about eating out. Frog & Turtle is certainly more meat centric but the server did mention the kitchen staff could create something for me which was very nice. I stuck to a salad and fried mushrooms from the appetizer menu which were fantastic. The desserts are priced a little high for the caliber of restaurant but tasty. The brunch menu is still my favorite over the dinner menu.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This has been the most consistent restaurant we've been to and we've been to A LOT of places around the greater Portland area. Chef James nails the menu. Great atmosphere and super friendly staff. Live music is always entertaining.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

If you are looking for an amazing meal, served by an outstanding staff the pays attention to details, The FROG & TURTLE in Westbrook, ME will not disappoint. While waiting I had a chance to meet Adam at the bar. He is one of the best at making your "Adult Beverage" the way you enjoy them!
The food is delicious and freshly prepared.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

My first experience of this amazing restaurant was in a business setting. I DJ’d a private awards gala and was blown away.

The staff was friendly, accommodating and extremely courteous. As far as the food is concerned personally I never new that Westbrook had such a fine dining type restaurant as The Frog & Turtle.

James and crew worked to make the food unique, favorable and hot. They didn’t make the food hours before. I saw them make it right there on the spot.

I’d recommend the Frog & Turtle to anyone.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Want a relaxing dining experience? This is the place! Very friendly & personable staff made for an easy first time dining experience. Bar tender made us excellent drinks while we waited for the dining room to open. Dinner was excellent! Had tbe best poutine in southern Maine! Yes, with cheese curds. Our meals were delicious - seafood bouillabaisse, burger, & flatbread pizza. A nice variety menu, something for everyone! Wedtbrook has a gem with this gastro pub! Will be frequenting the Frog & Turtle in the future!