“Great BBQ, wish they were open longer!”

Twisted Iron Grille
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

After driving by this pop up BBQ stand several times we decided to finally try. We both ended up getting the pulled pork sandwiches with a side of fried cheese curds. They were fantastic! However they were not cheap and the portion size left us still feeling hungry. I felt that their food is definitely above average but I did expect bigger portions. I also feel they should stick around for a longer period of time to serve more locals instead of tourists.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I love BBQ, even smile my own at home. I've been to most of the BBQ places in southern Maine and in Texas. This place equals or surpasses them all.
It has everything you need and none of the extras that you don't. No fancy seating area or snotty waiters.
A decent menu including smoked lobster tails and lobster sausage as well as the standard brisket, pulled pork, and such.
Smoking is done right there. The meat quality is excellent.
I had brisket once and pulled pork the second time. Both were perfect. The quantity of silliness was not too heavy, the amount and flavor of the sauce was just right. I had the brisket on tasty moist cornbread and both times had the home-made Cole slaw (with apples in it).
This is by far the best BBQ place I have been to in a long time. If you're in Wiscasset don't stand in a long line up the road and get lobster out of a bag. Stop at Twisted Iron Grille.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I feel sorry for anyone hasn't tried the Classic Cubano! Passed this place dozens of times; finally stopped yesterday and can't wait to go back. Meat is moist and tender, roll lightly toasted, crunchy pickles, delish condiments. A perfect blend of flavors! The kind you'll crave and can only get here. Looking forward to trying their BBQ. Reasonable prices, too.

1  Thank 85Eastside
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Easy to miss as you're driving on Route 1 just south of Wiscasset, but please don't. This place has the best pulled pork and beef brisket north of the Mason-Dixon Line, and their onion rings are nothing short of rant-worthy. Friendly people, 'interesting' setting, definitely worth a stop.

2  Thank Hazel K
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Great cubano sandwiches. Next time I'll try the ribs. Very pleasant young lady behind the counter. The young man preparing the food was very pleasant as well. It was enjoyable chatting with them. They are proud of their food. A great menu at reasonable prices.

2  Thank William M