“Best Corned Beef Hash on the Planet”

Miss Wiscasset Diner
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Under new ownership. We are open 7 days a week from 5am-2pm. Breakfast served all day. All meals are home made and large portions served.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Just a little, inconspicuous diner on busy Route # 1 in Wiscasset, Maine, - but what a treat to find this gem of a breakfast place with SPECTACULAR corned beef hash. I am a life-long pursuer of the perfect hash, and, dagnabbit , I think I have found it here. After sampling now over a half dozen trips as we make our way up and down the midcoast of Maine, I think this this might be the best hash I have had. The chef's secret? Well, like all good corned beef hash, it is made on the premises and the beef brisket is cooked overnight - they do 17 hours here. The result is unbelievable. On our last trip, I ordered a pound to take home so that I could parcel it out over the next week to get that perfect experience in my own kitchen. Bonus: character atmosphere and, if Matt is your waiter, you will get southern hospitality. Worth a visit!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Great little busy diner. Breakfast was very good, generous portions, bottomless coffee. Friendly and efficient waitress. Would definitely stop again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I go here often and have never had a bad word to say about this fun diner. I travel the coast and stop here if I pass during open hours which are limited. For a treat try the Fish Hash!

1  Thank BA W
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stopped here on our drive up to Acadia and I was pleasantly surprised by this place. It's a small and simple but the service was good and I was excited to see that they had eggs benedict on the menu (my favorite type of eggs) which I find most diners we've been to don't really have. It turned out to be very good and the hash browns were perfect! Small and crispy just the way I like them. My husband said his meal was good as well.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Service was friendly and experienced ! Food was excellent, the eggs benedict was like no other I've had, suggested by the waitress! Try the hash browns, yum ! No regrets, would eat here again and again if I lived closer !!!