“Like stepping back a couple of hundred years.”
Review of Squire Tarbox Inn

Squire Tarbox Inn
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: American, French, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We've been meaning to make reservations for the past 15 years, and are we ever glad we did. Service was excellent from the minute we walked in, and they greeted us by name (it's a VERY small place, and reservations only). Excellent crab cakes, filet mignon, shrimp in vodka sauce with risotto, lemon crème briolette and pecan coconut bar topped with homemade ice cream.
The ONLY bad thing to say, is they brought me the wrong salad, but what they brought was great. All the veggies are from their own organic garden.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner last week! Everything was so fresh and done to perfection. And the ambiance is wonderful too! Mario and Roni attend to every detail! Fabulous evening!

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thanks for the great review. Was so nice having you.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We are staying here in the B and B. It is a lovely well-maintained old home built in the early 1700's. The chef grows vegetables in the back yard which he uses in his meals. He buys from local farmers and serves healthy meals. I can't wait for breakfast, where they make homemade yogurt and serve eggs just laid by their free-range hens that wander around the grounds.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

My wife and I arrived at the Squire Tarbox Inn for a three day, two night stay including a two and a half hour cooking lesson. We hadn't made reservations ahead of time, they were more than willing to seat us for dinner at our requested time. My wife had the lamb shank and I had the sauerbraten both were excellent. Our sleeping accommodations were very good. I can not say enough about our cooking lesson. We learned to make two kinds of roux, stock, a variety of sauces, stuffed boneless chicken and braised lamb shank. We took notes and are prepared to try several of our new found learnings now that we're home.
Our second nights dinner I had the lamb shank (which I had prepare earlier) and my wife had madalions of veal. Both were excellent. Food 5, accommodations 5, hosts and staff 5. We are already planning a return trip.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We had dinner here in September 2015. Food was excellent, the service was wonderful and the grounds a delight.

1  Thank jodygnaz