“Return visit was better than ever”
Review of Squire Tarbox Inn

Squire Tarbox Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Cuisines: American, French, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2017

My husband recently returned to this Inn & restaurant after several years absence. We shared a fantastic dinner. I started with the "Swiss style onion soup". It definitely had some cream in it - not what one would expect - but it was very good. My husband had the house salad which was also excellent. We both then had the Veal in a mushroom cream sauce which was absolutely marvelous! It was served on a potato pancake which really added much to the dish. It is definitely a dish to have again & again The ambiance is very pleasant; however the room was a bit on the cool side. I was glad I was wearing a sweater. The service was great ..

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

So glad you enjoyed the dinner. FYI, the onion soup just has a very little flour in it but no cream. It seems creamy but comes from the way he cooks/smothers the onions. Hope to see you back another time.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Come here for a special occasion. Everything is good. The specials list is often longer than the menu with wonderful vegetable from the garden.

Best rack of lamb I've ever had with fresh mint sauce. And side of spicy salad greens.

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks so much and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us. Hope to see you back soon.
Mario & Roni

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Fabulous pizza made individually personal size to order in outdoor fire pit. I ordered a white sauce with goat cheese, olives, sausage, bacon and A couple other toppings that I can't recall, all I recall is that it was totally delicious. And very filling. They graciously wrapped two slices from my personal size pizza for my lunch the next day. One can sit outside at tables, inside on the porch, or in the dining room. Plenty of seating with lots of ambience in this old historic inn, people chatting with each other. The hosts Roni and Mario greet everyone in such a friendly manner. I have just moved on to Westport Island, so Monday night pizza at squire Tarbox Inn will become a ritual with me.

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed the pizza Connie. Hope to see you back every week until we stop on Columbus weekend. Welcome to the island.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We had our annual dinner with friends here and the food was delicious as always! Their house salad always includes some kohlrabi (one of my favorites) and the veal Swiss style in a mushroom cream sauce over rosti potatoes is a very satisfying indulgence. This is a historic inn (you can stay overnight too!) and the rooms are nicely appointed with period furniture. Our waitress was delightful too! Definitely a favorite place!

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

We are so happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us and thanks for the nice review. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Squire Tarbox is not in the middle of Wiscasset so you have to seek it out. It's worth the short drive from town. A GPS is helpful and there are signs along the way to keep you on track. Why seek it out? THE FOOD. EXCELLENT FOOD. The chef at the ST is outstanding. We've had many meals in their lovely dining rooms over the years and always enjoyed them. This year is particularly good. I think it's one of the two best restaurants in Wiscasset - and one of the best in the region for that matter. Fine service. Well chosen wine selection. Great desserts - very tempting. Relaxing and charming in a Maine/New England way. Book a table and enjoy a lovely evening. You can even stay overnight! I imagine the breakfasts are delightful.

SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

We really appreciate your great review, thanks so much for taking the time to write. Hope to see you back soon.