“ good food, worth it ”

Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fresh seafood, all natural beef and local produce, home made sumptuous desserts and 36 Craft Beers on tap are all available to you while overlooking the picturesque historic York River. Conveniently located on Rt. 1 in York, just 2 miles north of the Kittery Outlets. Visit our Ice Cream Shack right next door, serving the largest "small" cone around. Enjoy several of over 30 flavors and SO many toppings, it will be hard to decide.
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

An interesting place with a very nice beer and wine list, no frills service and atmosphere serving high quality local food.
It is expensive, but special so we lucked out picking it for our anniversary dinner.
Everything we ate was phenomenal. Lobster bisque, filet mignon, roasted red potato, parmesan truffle fries, zucchini and carrots, Pinot Noir. Devoured.
Simple menu, smaller portions but they're serving real food here and you won't leave hungry.
I wish there was fresh baked bread and butter even though I was adequately full, just to taste it from that kitchen!
We'll be back. Maybe to do first bites & desserts or more steak dinners. Best restaurant encountered on vacation.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Nicely decorated, and everything looks fairly new. Location is good on the river with river views from some of the tables. Seafood Jambalya ($24) was a very large bowl with shrimp, lobster pieces, and sausage along with rice all in the spicy sauce. It was flavorful, but a bit too spicy for me. Spouse had the New England clam chowder and enjoyed it but had stomach problems after which may or may not have been from the chowder or jambalaya. Prices are unusually high considering you don't get a salad or anything else besides the bowl of jambalaya - not even any crackers or bread with the entree. That seemed strange since you usually get at least bread at the other nearby restaurants, and it would have been good to dunk in the Jambalaya. Salad would be an extra charge with the other entrees, too. List of draft beers was quite extensive, but we didn't try any. Service was okay but not extraordinary. I would definitely prefer the Lobster Cove in York Beach about 10 minutes north or Fox's Restaurant a bit further up by the lighthouse. Prices are better at those places, and there's a view of the gorgeous ocean instead of just the river. It got very crowded by around 6 p.m. on a Saturday with a line waiting to get tables.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went here for dinner recently. It was a Friday night so we had a short wait for a table. Our server was very good, answering questions about different items on their menu.
We shared the Caprese salad for an appetizer. I had the lobster mac & cheese and my wife had the filet mignon. Both were excellent. So much lobster meat in the mac & cheese!
We split the apple raspberry pie for dessert.
Our favorite restaurant in York.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We were on vacation the week after Labor Day and stopped here for lunch. It was $1 oysters so we ordered 6 of them. They were okay, but not cleaned as well as I am used to. My husband had tips w/fries and they were good. I had a salad with grilled chicken. A good but not exceptional meal.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Food was ok but nothing about it was exceptional. Waitress was not very attentive and sloppy with her serving. Would probably try once more but there are better options down the road.