“Great food and drinks right next to the wster”

The Union Grill and Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Union Grill and Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 1A
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We were thrilled with this spot right by short sands. The food was affordable and great... the atmosphere was lovely for adults having drinks as well as families with young kids. We all found something we liked on the menu including a gluten free water so we were happy. It was busy in the summer months but if you go early you can grab a table. Free popcorn while you wait too. :)

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The food was excellent as was the service. Loved the atmosphere and will return often. One of my favorite things is they offer many choices as sides with NO upcharge. Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Chips, Coleslaw, Demi Salad, Veggies. The demi salads were great to have with our sandwiches. This happens very rarely in a restaurant. Some of us just do not want fries or chips. Most of the dinners on the menu do not go over $20.00. Next time I want to try the clam chowder. AND that will be Friday. Grandaughter is sleeping over and asked if we would take her there for a burger.

1  Thank susan s
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The Pub was a great place for all of the gathered friends & family to hang out and mingle over the entire weekend while attending a destination wedding.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I've gone to the Union Grill quite a few times now and can't say enough! If you go for lunch the fish sandwich is the best! (in my opinion). Along with the cole slaw...awesome!
Their service is wonderful along with their wine! Can't say enough. Anyone traveling to York should take the time and go there!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

For those who read my reviews, you know that I reserve a five-star rating for only the best of meals. The Union Grill met my high standards in every way. A colleague and I had dinner after a long day of seminars and aggravating work situations. We both needed a stiff drink and a good meal. Both TripAdvisor and Yelp gave this high marks.

This is a small venue in one side of a seaside hotel at the end of the main strip in York. There are only a few tables with a window view, and since it wasn't crowded, that's where we sat. The Grill is nicely appointed with dark wood paneling, candles on every table, and a very attractive bar on one side.

Being particularly fond of bourbon, I enjoyed the maple Old Fashioned. My colleague gravitated toward one of the numerous micro-brew offerings. We then shared the calamari. lightly breaded with a tangy marinara sauce. No hot peppers the way I like it, but they had fried olives, which were tasty. My friend also enjoyed the chowder which he said was tops. For dinner, our waitress recommended the pork, but I was more inclined toward the halibut. She conceded that the fish was one of the most popular items on their menu, so that's what I had. It was awesome. A thick, generous portion of fish, seared on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside - moist and flaky. It was served with a lobster sauce including large chunks of lobster.

I had asked to substitute the sides, which were graciously accommodated. Instead of the fried fingerlings and haricot verts, I asked for the crisp Brussels sprouts and mashed. My colleague enjoyed the pork based on the recommendation.

We both decided to indulge for dessert and picked the same thing - blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream. Very generous portion and served with very light, fluffy fresh whipped cream.

With dinner, I had one of their wines by the glass and my compadre had the flight of microbrew beers. Then with desert, he had an espresso and I enjoyed a port.

If we were not so full and tired, we likely would have stayed and enjoyed another round or two, but alas, we had work the next day, so we were off.