“Very clean and convenient location”
Review of Union Bluff Hotel

Union Bluff Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The room is small but immaculately clean. The beds are comfortable and pillows great (4 on each bed). The bathroom is small but functional. Refrigerator in the room great and tv is nice. No closet but shelf with a few hangers in the room.

Room Tip: Foggy beach, but nice views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Smithfield, Virginia
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had a little suggestion to try this place near the water. It's very nice. We had the lobster roll, chowder bowl and oysters. Prices were comparable. Nestled at the end of a beach town, staff friendly and engaging.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My server Lindsey was shockingly reprimanded to the point of tears due to management's absolute abysmal handling of an employee situation. We felt awful for Lindsey, we hope she was okay! Disgraceful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2017

This is a lovely hotel with spotless accommodations. The hotel is quiet and peaceful and our room had a window view of the ocean which is priceless. The food in the pub is good and it is a relaxing environment. The young, female waitress was competent and very sweet. The location of this hotel is perfect. Just a few steps to Short Sands beach and the resort area across from it and easy access to Shore Rd. leading to Ogunquit. My issue is with the parking. The reservation said each room has one allotted parking space. There was no mention of that space having to be accessed through a valet. In the back of the hotel there is a parking area and they have cones blocking more than half of that area and it is now used for valet parking only. I happen to be someone who does not like a valet parking my car. I want to be in charge of my car at all times and don't want anyone else driving it. That may be old fashioned or whatever, but behind one car in the valet lot, I saw a beer bottle up against someone's tire so the lot is not being monitored very well. Anyway, I voiced an objection to the parking, especially because the reservation did not specify that parking could be only by valet if the small about 40 car lot in the back was full. The agent at the desk was curt and told me pretty much, "tough luck". It was clear to me that the wants and needs of the guests are not a priority. It might have been only this dark haired woman, who I luckily never saw at the desk again during our stay, but it was upsetting because that valet lot was empty most of the time and what would have been the harm of me parking my own car in that lot? This is a lovely hotel. The lady cleaning the room was very nice. The view is spectacular and so beautiful at sunrise. Sitting outside in their lovely Adirondack chairs and chaise lounges overlooking Short Sands Beach is pure bliss. There should be numbered parking places, if indeed they have enough parking for all of their guests which they claim to do. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but for the parking rules and curt agent at the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms with window views have great views and sound of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank gina3981
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I'm beyond disappointed with this hotel! I had a death in the family and tried moving my reservation to a later date and was told that wasn't an option unless they could rebook the room. Then if that happened I would still have to stay at a later date, which confuses me because they wouldn't lose any money. However, I did NOT want a refund, just needed to move the reservation without throwing $400 in the trash. No help at all so my husband and I left our 2 children at home and thought maybe we could relax for a night. Well I was still upset and angry at this point. Our room, queen east corner oceanfront was dirty. Soap was used and left in shower and in the hand sink along with the toilet paper having a few strips left. I'm not saying they have to be wasteful but I don't want someone's used ANYTHING in a room I'm paying $400 a night. There was a plastic cup with a dirty fork and trash stuffed in it and one of the to go coffee cups was used and put back with the rest of them. I did check for bed bugs and didn't see any sign so I guess that's 1 positive. I didn't complain mostly because I figured what's the use??? They were so helpful with my family tragedy I can imagine what they would do for a dirty room. I refused to give them anymore of my money so my husband and I got in an uber and down the road for dinner.
So if you're thinking of staying here I would pray that no tragedy happens in your family because they DON"T care. All they want is your money

Room Tip: Make sure you inspect the cleanliness upon arrival
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5.5 km away
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick

Been to Union Bluff Hotel? Share your experiences!