“Amazing lobster rolls”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I have grown up in Maine my whole life, therefore I have eaten a lot of lobster rolls. This place, though was probably the best I have ever had. The bread was perfectly toasted and the lobster was so tender. I didn't try it, but the people who I were with got the fish and chips and they said that was the best they have ever had as well. Would definitely recommend this place. Plus the fact that it's right on the beach is amazing.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We enjoyed our meals at Stones Throw. Great menu, great place to relax and enjoy a drink. The staff is nice and friendly. They have outside seating across from the beach and there also is a backyard patio. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We had lunch before heading back home and the food was delicious. They have seafood options and other non seafood options to choose from. The view is amazing as it's right on the water. I would definitely recommend stopping for a bite to eat at this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We celebrated my birthday on the porch of the Stones Throw, right on the ocean. From the moment we sat down we knew we were in a special place. The staff was fabulous and the food was creative and delicious. They have a huge selection of Maine craft beers, and the appetizers (try the zucchini) were picture perfect. Nice people, big ocean and fantastic food and drink. One can not ask for more. Go.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

The staff waxes and wanes for hotel guest. If you are a local then the red carpet is rolled out. One night we had attentive staff, the next time they ran away when we had questions. Though there was one, we forgot to get her name, but she was very responsive. Unfortunately they share tips, and this girl deserved more. The person who was serving us all along was in need of a personality transplant.

The menu is over priced and using market price (which is a common practice among the many restaurants) for some of the seafood items. We stuck with tried and true and were happy. Though the autumn salad was far from the description. They do push certain items on their menu and they push drinks. Boy do they push them, the have a drink menu but not pricing. Last time I was in a place with no prices, it had the right to have no prices.

We were never told specials, we had to drag that out of them and as for desert not even a mention. Our tab was on the table and it was as if they wanted us out there.

We had better food from the General Store, next door to this place.

I can see in the summer how this is all about the location and they can charge what they want. But there is not one thing on there that I can honestly rave about.

Off season this is filled with guest and locals. I might go in again for a chowder, but there a much better places in the area.