“Experience bit different being a New Yorker long way from our pizza”

Woody's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in York Beach
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Full charges for extras that covered only half of pizza? Waiter without asking kept change even though was given 20% tip. Food was not special and atmosphere rather unpleasant. Would not return nor recommend. Not sure how it got to be # 7 in area.

1  Thank DoctorRS13

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We got a pizza for takeout. We wanted 1/4 one topping and 3/4 another topping and they were unable to accommodate us. That was a bummer. So we just got a two topping pizza. When we opened it, we literally laughed at how sloppily it was cut! One slice was over 1/4 of the large pizza. Then there were other small and messy slices and they way it was cut left an additional triangle in the middle of the pizza with no crust. It was very odd and a mess. The toppings were OK and the pizza tasted OK but it was a pain trying to slice it with a crummy plastic knife. It was just off-putting because it made it look like they didn't give a hoot about their product. Take some pride in your food!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I walked my 4 year old granddaughter over to Woody's from the beach for a slice of pepperoni (her favorite). The hostess they have outside the door would not allow us in because she had on a bathing suit. Poor policy for a beach town, anyway the hostess did go in for me and get the slice for her.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. We got seated right away. We had the pepperoni pizza. It was excellent New York style pizza. I would definitely recommend if you are in York and are want something other than sea food!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The pizza had just the right amount of sauce and cheese. I don't usually care for brick oven pizza because its usually dry and burnt but Woody's was chewy and cooked perfect. Pepperoni slices instead of the little circles made it moist but not greasy. They have seating inside and take out, I must have seen 30 pizzas carried off the short time I was there. We dined inside and watched the bustling street activity from our table. They have sodas and beer on tap to choose from and many other choices from salad to subs. My server was attentive and had a great smile, that always adds to the tip :) Very reasonably priced to feed a family.