“I would not stay again”

Sea Latch Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The carpets were so dirty that we were constantly washing our feet because they were black from walking around the room barefoot. The bathroom had no counter space, so we had to put everything we had on the back of the toilet which is NOT a great place to keep your toothbrushes. Not only was there no vent in the bathroom, but we couldn't open the window. The huge sign on the front of the building indicates FREE HOT BREAKFAST. What we received for our family of four was two coupons for $7 off a breakfast at a restaurant down the street. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but it isn't what is advertised and the woman at the desk was rude about it when I asked where I could just find some coffee. She also made it obvious to many guests in the office that she doesn't like when people leave voicemail messages as she mocked the woman leaving a message and saying 'blah blah blah...just shut up already" while she checked us in. We couldn't access the "free Wi-FI" so we really never had any internet on our phones which made it difficult to research places to visit in the area. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the older part of the building and do not stay on the first floor unless you like peo...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank shelley1021

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This was my second time staying here. The first was 13 years ago so things have changed. We stayed in the older part of the hotel and our room was ok. It was clean and didn't smell. It was perfect location for myself and family since we had family stay a few houses down so we could just walk back and forth. My only complaints would be there was no hooks or shelf in the bathroom to put anything except the back of the toilet. There were 4 of us so we had no where to hang bath or beach towels to dry. The bathroom had no vent so you had to leave the bathroom window open which wasn't 100% private. Our small frig was also old and rusty. The pillows were awful. On the plus side they offered "free" breakfast which were $7 coupons per person to the lobster cove restaurant down the road. But you still ended up paying for some of your breakfast. You either had to take a nice long walk to get to it or drive. But the food was good. The pool was nice and clean and the grounds where too. I would stay there again if my family were stay down the street again. They even had little cabins I would consider if we stayed longer.

Room Tip: If you have the extra cash go for a room in the new part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2016

My wife & I just spent 4 great nights at the Sea Latch Motor Inn. Just steps to Long Sands Beach the Sea Latch Motor Inn offers a wide variety of accommodations ( cottages, efficiencies, single rooms, double rooms & more) guaranteed to meet everyone's needs. Professionally run by a friendly & courteous staff this place has all the fixings (cable & wifi). To make it an even better value each guest gets a daily coupon for breakfast at a nearby restaurant. We will certainly come back it is one of the best deals in the area.

Room Tip: Worth a try
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I have been coming here since I was a toddler! I love how close the beach is, the pool is great! I think my family has stayed in every part of the motel! We have stayed in two cottages, and two of the apartments! We have always had nice greeters! The rooms are clean and neat! I would recommend this place to everyone!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Meredith C
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Everything was Excellent Clean and they were very accommodating I would definitely stay there again Close to Nubble Light House great Restaurants the Ogunquit Art Museum was close by The Ocean was right across the street. Great views and nice walking area all along the beach Walk on the beach or on the sidewalk I would recommend this place to everyone

Room Tip: Just Great room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
0.6 km away
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#6 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sea Latch Motor Inn? Share your experiences!