Atlantic House Inn(York Beach)
US$229
US$239
US$169
The Lynwood Inn(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$230
Anchorage Inn(York Beach)
US$259
Sunrise Motel(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$290
The Villager Motel(York Beach)
US$169
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Sands by the Sea(York Beach)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnew buildingmanor houselobster covelong sands beachtrolley ridelate checkperfect locationking roomthird floormini fridgein seasonlawn chairsoceanrailingshinekitchenette
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived early and asked if our room may be ready early. The office lady, now AKA "Sea Witch" just said "nope, I don't know, check in is at 3, (repeating) check in is at 3..." when we asked if we could store our bags at front desk she said "no"! Having arrived in town with no car that left us with no options for our luggage for a few hours. We pressed the issue and agreed to let us store our bags and then suddenly realized our room *was* ready. Poor customer service... The rooms in the new bldg are very nice but the North side rooms have NO real view of ocean, only of a parking lot and the other hotel blogs. Be AWARE, request south facing rooms if you are paying for new bldg. Pool was fine, bring your own pool towel however. There's a trolley in town that will take you to various spots. Foodies- eat at Inn on the Blues or Stones Throw for more upscale, yet casual dining. Overall very basic, no frills place that needs some "polishing" it it's going to cater to higher end guests. Hard to believe we paid $300 with tax for a hotel that is still run and operated like a cheap motel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sally s
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and I visited family there on vacation. We were both drawn to the beauty of the beach and water. That is saying a lot considering we are from south florida. Downtown has so many dining option and things to do. What a great little vacation inn.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

The company i work for recommend me to stay at this hotel. So I booked two nights at this hotel for a business trip back in March 2017. The website gave me a price of $130/per night. They highlighted that my room would be on the 3rd floor of the hotel and i was ok with paying a lower price for this since i would need to take stairs.

I received a call today June 7th, 3 months after i booked it saying that their pricing was wrong that the real price is $360/per night. I asked them to honor their prices because they screwed up and its not our fault. They couldn’t honor my original price so i canceled my reservations. I am very un happy due to the fact i need to stay on the beach for an event I am working at and now i am late to the game and all the prices in the area are rocket high.

I am currently creating a video review which I will place on youtube in the coming days so be on the look out. I am also passing this along to the better business bureau and a local news company outlet since i am seeing others having this same issue.

If you want to book a hotel and get screwed over a few months later. Go ahead and book with this MOTER INN they only care about their wallets and not their customers. I have just informed my companies travel office and showed them evedence of the issue and they are going to avoid booking here going forward.

Room Tip: Risk of your booking price to change!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank rootbeerking93
Reviewed 22 September 2016

This hotel was just across the road from the beach. Amazing location. Our room had a small, well-equipped kitchenette, a good air conditioner, a modern bathroom with a tub jacuzzi which was a retrofit so not large and the water splashed all over the floor but it was relaxing. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet at night. "Free hot breakfast" was advertised, and we knew up front that the restaurant was a 15 minute walk down the beach, all of which would have been fine except that there was a 50-minute wait to be seated for breakfast..... We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We booked 3 weeks in advance, I was told we were in room 206, with an ocean view.
When we arrived, they did not have my name on their arrivals list. Room 206 was occupied by another guest. After several minutes the associate at the front desk gave us a suite, apologized infatically for the mix up and said she did not know what happened. The new room had an ocean view and was very clean and comfortable.
I did not see a laundry area and the free breakfast is at "Lobster Cove" with a voucher, it is not offered AT the hotel, be prepared to walk or drive to breakfast.
Its a nice hotel, with a friendly staff. Try to stay in the new building behind the pool.

Room Tip: The center building is new and has nice views of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family