“Moms escape”

Sea Latch Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I wanted a place on the beach to chill, unwind, sleep and smell the brine. Finding an affordable place was challenging but I did it. i booked a room on the third floor to get a better view. The room was really nice, new, well appointed with a mini fridge that had a separate freezer! It also has a toaster, microwave, some dishes, utensils and the extra large chair converts into a sleeper. The king size bed was very comfortable.
Only down for me was that I was on the shady side (wanted to sit on my balcony and watch the water in the sun) and the view, I had to lean over the railing to see a bit of ocean... so not as great as I had hoped. But the clean, new and very comfortable room really made up for it.
Check out is 11 am. I had hoped to be able to keep parking here to enjoy the beach... and I can for $20. if you want late check out its $50 an hour. Crazy, but I assume that since its at the beach many want extra time here during the summer season.

Room Tip: if you stay in the manor house, and want the sun in the afternoon on your balcony stay in an even...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Directly across the road from long sands beach, this hotel is in the perfect location. The hotel staff is pretty friendly. The full size bed room we stayed in in the older building was very clean. There was a little kitchenette with a fridge, stove & microwave which was pretty nice to have. The bathroom was very clean and good sized. The outdoor pool is nice and big so you're not on top of other swimmers. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. If you make your reservation directly with the hotel, either on their website or by phone, you get a $14.00 voucher for breakfast at the Lobster Cove up the street, which is good too!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed three nights. We got a room in the new section which was very nice and convenient. Kitchenette had fridge/freezer, sink, microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Super helpful with a small child.
Seemed that some renovations were going on. Odd they were renovated in prime season, but not sure if something happened earlier in season....
Located right across beach (rocky side but not bad at low tide) which was very good with small child. We walked back to room to grab other snack, go to bathroom, etc.
Fun trolley ride to the center of town. I liked that because it was a little quieter.
Nice to have pool. Cool water but definitely warmer than the ocean!
Office staff was ok. We all commented our welcome was dry. Not that we expected a song and dance, but a little more happiness that we were spending $300+ a night there.
Housekeeping staff was super nice and friendly.
My sister had a room in the older section. While still ok, definitely more dated. they did have fridge and microwave, but no sink or plates/silverware that we had that again was very nice to have access to.
Overall, I'd stay again in the new section.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying here at the Manor House. It is new and very clean. Right across from the beach. We have not yet tried the breakfast at the Lobster Cove. My issue is the beach. It is a beautiful beach, but was difficult to walk over the large rocks to get to the water. The saff are very pleasant, and kept the pool open later for my son. Overall, the new building was worth the price

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very basic but good location to the beach. I had a king room for just myself and the bed was comfortable and the AC was good. My complaints are that the hotel does not provide ice for coolers and ask $2.50 for a small bag. My next complaint is that the pool water temp was very cold. My biggest complaint is the lights from the pool and parking lot at night are unreasonably bright and shine right into the rooms. The curtains in the window do nothing very little to keep the light out. My room was very bright and could see the entire room all night making it very difficult to sleep comfortably.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York Beach
0.6 km away
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#6 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sea Latch Motor Inn? Share your experiences!