“Beautiful Evening”
Review of Shearwater

Shearwater
Reserve with OpenTable
Shearwater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went to this restaurant for a special occasion and it was just that, special. We had a lovely table by the window and the server was very good, engaging and efficient and made the evening that much more pleasant.

It is a hotel restaurant so there is a variety of items on the menu from more light meals to full meals but the food and the presentation we had felt more like a good restaurant.

It was pricey so would not go on a regular basis but will be back if we visit this area again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Had 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch here. All were delicious and prepared as requested. The breakfast buffet is not to be missed.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I had most of my meals at Shearwater. Breakfast buffet was included in the cost of my room so I did begin each day with sampling their offerings. Mo was the server I had each day and she was wonderful! Such a warm soul and a great person to start your day with. The options were plenty and the homemade donuts were fun.

One day for lunch I had the fish sandwich was very good. Lightly battered fresh haddock and fries. Nice thick steak fries that hit the spot - especially when dipped in their tartar sauce.

The best meal I had was the Surf & Turf for dinner on my last night in town. It was amazing! The filet was the perfect size and melted in my mouth. The lobster tail as cooked to perfection. Both were served on a bed of silky smooth mashed potatoes that were full of flavor. I finished the night with the Creme Brulee which was lighter than air. Perfect ending for a great night.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

First time since the renovation we had the opportunity to return.Limited tables with good viewing access and could have been placed more appropriately. We were early hoping to have a drink outside, but there was a wedding party and guests that occupied the lawn.
Server was attentive and knowledgeable. Lamb chops were excellent, chippino full of seafood, haddock just slightly overdone.
There was a child that was allowed to run in and out of the curtains screaming at the top of his lungs to the amusement of his parents and grandmother. Manager should have taken control of this not funny situation and have spoken to the parents. One other couple said on leaving, "I've been planning this anniversary meal for over a month, and this child ruined it for us"

1  Thank Darleen C
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Six of us came for a Birthday Dinner. Table by the window with a nice view of the lawn and ocean. Everyone loved their meal and the ambiance. We took pictures outside the restaurant after our meal.

Appetizers shared included Short Rib Egg Roll, Crab Cakes, Fried Calamari, Clam Chowder and Caesar Salad.

Entrees enjoyed were,
Maine Lobster Roll (My son's favorite on the trip),
Shellfish Risotto (seared scallops • ½ lobster • lemon • cultivated local mushrooms, Pan Roasted Organic Salmon,
Surf & Turf (filet mignon and grilled lobster tail • red wine sauce mashed potato • seasonal vegetable)

As expensive meals go it seemed reasonable (filet and Lobster was $38).

Great spot for a celebratory and special dinner.

SNIgm, General Manager at Shearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent birthday dinner at the inn. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the food and the views.

So many guests do come to Stage Neck Inn to celebrate special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. It sure is nice to know that we are considered a special place to come to on such celebrations!

Thanks so much for choosing the inn for your celebration.

Best Regards,