“French Enclave In A Mall”

Praline Bakery & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Praline Bakery & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 17 Dessert in Bethesda
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd
Transit: Metro Red Line to Friendship Heights, then Ride On Bus 23 to Sangamore Rd.
Description: Praline Bakery & Bistro opened its doors on Sangamore Road in Bethesda, Maryland, in April 2006, the culmination of years of partnership and planning by co-owners Susan Limb and Patrick Musel, whose love of fine cuisine and talent for creating delectable pastries led them here. Together, they wanted to build a welcoming neighborhood place where people of all ages could gather for a good meal, a quality pastry, or coffee. Every day, we try our best to provide just that.Praline Bakery prepares pastries fresh daily, using the finest ingredients and no preservatives. Come in and taste some of our delectable breakfast pastries and cakes which include traditionally made croissants, which include butter, chocolate, and almond, and danishes, such as apple walnut, pecan raisin, and raspberry almond twists. We offer a variety of cakes that is sure to please almost any palate – from French chocolate mousse to an American carrot cake.Praline Bistro is open for lunch Monday through Saturday, dinner Monday through Sunday and Brunch on Sunday. All meals our prepared by our culinary team led by Executive Chef Christian Gautrois.
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

The first thing to note about Praline is the quality of its bread. It is honestly the best baguette in the area. Close your eyes and you can sort of imagine you're in France. Coffee drinks and pastries are first-rate. The croissants also pass muster for quality and taste. The restaurant has had its ups and downs( no pun intended;the restaurant is actually upstairs above the bakery). Today however everything was up to pars. The hostess was friendly, the wait staff was, if not friendly, totally professional. I had the flank steak, which was prepared rare to order. Also it was cut up into bite-size pieces, which made a rather tough cut easy to handle. It was very good. Dessert was bread pudding, a personal favorite. All in all, the restaurant part of Praline seems to be doing well these days. Keep your fingerz crossed!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch before viewing nearby Kenwood Cherry blossoms. Won’t go back! My grilled chicken was cold and over cooked, french fries were limp. My friend eggs and bacon were very greasy. The price was way to high for the quality we were both disappointed.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

As Washingtonians say when they are disappointed (you never tell your true feelings here): "I guess it is OK!". We went for lunch on a Saturday because a friend, who is a gourmet and a good cook, had recommended the place to us. After a rather long wait, my wife had a dry and burnt piece of chicken, and I had a rather good crab cake. We shared a chocolate mousse, which I found disappointing, in quantity and texture. It is layered with think sheets of dark chocolate which I did not particularly enjoy. So, I guess it is OK. The place is comfortable but looks tired and a bit too 1950 for my taste.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Located in shopping center, bakery is on first floor, and dining area is on second floor. Very attentive service. Excellent French bistro fare. Good for any meal - brunch, lunch or dinner. Baguettes are to die for! Enjoy.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My family used to eat dinner here often but stopped after a few bland experiences. We visited again after we heard it was operating under new management and we’re so glad we did. The menu has been completely redone and they have a new chef and a new manager, newly arrived from France, who is most gracious and conversational. I ate their crab cakes and my elderly mother had their special of the day - fresh wahoo with avocado sauce and roasted tomatoes. Both were excellent! We also could not resist their dessert selection from the attached bakery and shared a crepe Suzette. Fabulous. Finally, I was pleased by their beer selection, which included some great European beers. Highly recommended!