“Great for Lunch”

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #67 of 372 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Le Pain Quotidien serves simple, elegant boulangerie fare made with organic ingredients whenever possible: breakfast, tartines, pastries and handmade organic bread & many vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stopped here for lunch with my sister on a Saturday when there was a crafts festival in town. We ate outside, which may have added to our enjoyment, but the food was excellent. My sister had the spinach and pear salad, and I had a frittata, accompanied by a salad and fresh-made bread. The ingredients seemed fresh, and were organic for the most part. Very good flavor combinations--we were very pleased. The wine selection is a little limited, and the service somewhat slow, but it was an overall positive experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My family - consisting of one vegan, one vegetarian, and two omnivores - can all get a good meal at this spot. They always have a vegan lunch special, and can also accommodate gluten intolerance. The bakery items are heavenly. The cost of the beverages surprises me a bit, but they don't offer canned sodas or bottled teas so I guess we get what we pay for! The breakfast items are standouts, as is the vegetarian chili.

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to present our guests with the best quality and value possible, from food to service. We have forwarded your comments to our management team to review. Please feel free to reach out to us at questions@lepainquotiden.com with feedback at any time. Your comments are the mainstay of our business.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

A nice place to unwind over breakfast. I found the patio more relaxing but it has the nicest farm table I have seen inside. Breads are super fresh and tasty. The skillet eggs looked perfect. Great healthy choices, ie smoothies and greens, if that is what you are looking for too. And if course I tried the Café Mocha served in a bowl!

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Looking forward to having you back on our patio again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Our family of three loves Le Pain Quotidien. We go there for excellent café au lait and wonderful pastries. Sandwiches and soups are also excellent. Service is very good. Ambiance is cozy and the long communal tables are a wonderful way to feel part of the community.

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thanks for being such a loyal LPQ guest and for your kind words and feedback about your dining experience at Le Pain Quotidien. Looking forward to having you back in again soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We like the food here general but I find the portions small for the prices. The breads, jams and sweets are generally good.

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Glad to hear that you enjoy the menu selection at Le Pain Quotidien. We have sent your feedback to the food & beverage team for follow up and we hope to have you back in again soon.

Warm Regards,