“Reliable Old Breakfast and Lunch Grill”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Philadelphia Mike's Restaurant, Deli & Bakery
Ranked #238 of 382 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

This place is kind of a hole in the wall with a counter. The surly owner cooks eggs and prepares sandwiches to order old school. The place is a throwback and kind of good if you like that sort of place. (Which I do).

Reviewed 13 May 2015

I dropped by one day for a quick lunch. The service wasn't chatty, but they got the food done without much of a wait. The meal was great, but not unforgettable. The prices are worth the food, although I wouldn't put this restaurant at the top of my favorites.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Philadelphia Mike's about 3 months ago for lunch around 3:00pm. I placed my order and sat down to wait for my food. And I continued to wait another 35 minutes for my food. When I asked about my food the lady just said "it's coming." She never apologized or showed any symphony for my waiting. I finally got my food and was able to sit down and eat. I ordered the diplomat Philly steak and a side of fries. The sub was very dry, it seemed like she overcooked the meat so much that it dried out the entire sub. And the fries were cold I couldn't even eat them.

I returned about a week ago to give it another try. I placed a order of large fries over the phone hoping that it wouldn't take as long as last time. I asked if credit card was ok and she said yes. When I arrived to pick up my fries (only took 10 minutes) I was told that my credit card would be ok as long as I spend a min. of $5. She told me to order a cheesesteak. I told her I only wanted fries and asked if a credit card would be ok over the phone, otherwise I would have taken money out of the ATM. She was very rude and rolled her eyes. Needless to say I won't be ordering from Philadelphia Mike's ever again.

2  Thank topher689
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stopped in here for a quick takeout. My hubby is a cheesesteak man so I got him the Executive philly cheesesteak. He said it was really good. I got the New Yorker sandwich. I loved the warm, toasted, buttered rye bread. The sandwich was yummy. I ordered the overstuffed turkey sandwich for my kids. I had it on a kaiser bun but it looked more like a mushed hamburger bun. I said no lettuce but they put it on anyway. There was very little turkey so I would hardly call it overstuffed. Not a fan of this. Great service!! There was a fresh plate of homemade baklava there at the counter and it was calling my name. It was different than the Greek style Baklava that I am used to but very yummy. The lady said she makes homemade Ethiopian food on Wednesdays too.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The place may not look like much but the food has been consistently good over the years. The sub rolls are baked on site. The Cheesesteaks are outstanding and the rest of the sandwiches are not far behind. Locally owned and operated a tribute to the namesake.