Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights
US$194
US$144
Comfort Inn(Upper Marlboro)
US$106
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I chose this because a booking at a better hotel close to Washington DC fell through close to my stay. I was warned beforehand that this was a bad area, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Room is very small, but I expected that. Bed was comfortable and shower was good. Stayed two nights and staff were ok. My neighbours were quite pleasant, and very friendly. There are some good restaurants across the road, and the trip into Washington DC on the train was great. A couple of cockroaches did wave me goodbye as I was checking out, so the place does need fumigating. I was only there to sleep and wasn't expecting a resort, it was what it was, a cheap motel that provided a good shower and a comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Ask for one without cockroaches
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Washington DC - Capital Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Grumpster, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent value, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

The room they gave us was trashed. Trash on floor and under the bed. Bedspread was filthy. Moved to another room. It was worst and smelled so bad that it gave me a headache.
I asked for a refund. I was told no. I called corporate. They apologized but stated that this location was a franchise. Corporate called bit they only gave me 75% back. That's ok because I would have let them keep 100% just to leave. Booked at La Quinta next door with no problem.

They should tear this Motel 6 down. It's disgusting.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear JimmaChicago, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

The room was clean when we arrived but they didn't bother to wipe off the tables or counters after that and we stayed four nights. The place is beyond run down and the check in staff is not friendly. Cats are running around everywhere. The only reason we stayed here was because everything was sold out due to the presidential inauguration.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank robin s
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

A bad bad bad place! Dirty! Not friendly at night, at the least. Staff, if there is, is not pro.. Small in-room 'animals'. Not enough towels. Very hard smell and smoke of cigarettes. Noisy AC. Not suggested at all.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Eli S
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I went with my family for two nights to this Motel 6. After one night we left. If you like a non-smoking room that smells like a ashtray or you like furniture where parts are hanging apart or broken or a loos water tap at the sink or dirty bed linen and holes in it this would be the right place for you otherwise STAY FAR AWAY.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family