“Great”
Review of Rod 'N' Reel

Rod 'N' Reel
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod 'N' Reel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 261
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Food is excellent! Servers are very friendly and helpful!! The seafood is A-1. The menu offers many of the seafood favorites and an assortment of Salads. Something to please everyone!

Reviewed 12 May 2015

My wife, daughter and grandchild stopped here because it was on the Bay. Wanted to have a view of the water as this was our first time to the area. I found the hostess to be somewhat blasé, but we were seated promptly. They were not overly busy, which is price is it not? It is a rich and creamy finished with a touch of sherry and topped with crabmeat. It was very good, as was the bread that was brought to begin our meal. Our granddaughter had a K-Grilled Cheese for $6.99 with fries as a side. I ordered a Seafood Norfolk for $28.99. This consists of Gulf Shrimp, Jumbo lump Crabmeat and Seared Scallops seared in a garlic herb butter wine sauce served with red skin potatoes and vegetables. There was a pasta night with for $20.99 but do not recall what that entailed, sorry. We also ordered a Shrimp Salad Wrap for $14.99. this was a wrap Gulf Shrimp, with celery, red peppers, and a dill dressing wrapped in a Sun dried tomato tortilla. I had a cannoli for dessert which seemed pretty dry for my taste. Elizabeth was our server and I thought she could have been more interested in our table and whether or night we had enough water and were enjoying the meal. Nor was she to be found when it was time to check out. But the restaurant was a bit understaffed and as most were young people working there, they still have a lot to learn about customer service. All in all it was a bit spendy for quality and service but the ambiance was good.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We specifically choose this restaurant because of excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I ordered the cream crab soup as others had raved about it. It had nice pieces of crab on a crouton (too big to fit on my spoon) floating in the soup. I was not impressed. It was a bit salty. I ordered the crab balls because of the good reviews. I could see lump crab pieces, but there was so much pepper I couldn't really get the crab flavor. It was a lovely setting with view of the Bay from the windows. Server was very nice, but service was a bit slow. They did have William Hill Chardonnay which held me through the boredom of the food.

Date of visit: May 2015
Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience dining with us. We apologize that the flavors of the cream of crab soup and crab balls were not to your liking, but are happy to hear you enjoyed the view and wine. We appreciate all guest feedback and with share your comments with our chef and restaurant staff.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

As locals we rarely visit the Rod 'N' Reel but we wanted to dine at a waterfront eatery because we had guests visiting. The parking lot is always full due to the slot machines above the restaurant. You may consider taking advantage of the valet parking. We had a large group (12) and the only way they could accommodate us was by seating us at two, side-by-side, round tables. The server was friendly although I wish she would have cleared the dishes from the crowded table. The cream of crab soup was fairly good. It was a bit thick for my taste- it almost seemed like they had the creamy base ready and dropped a few lumps of crab in the soup and topped it with Old Bay. I ordered the crab balls and although there were only 3 they each had huge lumps of crab and very little breading. It took quite awhile for the food to arrive. (We were initially seated at 2 p.m. on a Sunday.) I would recommend calling ahead for reservations. The phone number listed online does not go directly to the restaurant and I had to call back twice to get through to the hostess. Expect to pay between $10-$20 for a sandwich and around $30 for an entree. Plan extra time to walk the pier and check out the incredible view!

Date of visit: May 2015

We appreciate you sharing your comments with us and are glad to hear you enjoyed the view as well as the crab balls. We apologize that the service did not meet your expectations and also for the long wait and split tables. Reservations are recommend for larger parties especially on weekends. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Excellent food and staff. Very friendly staff and convenient to the hotel.
Couldn't ask for more.......................................................