“Sad to say it always disappoints”
Review of Rod 'N' Reel

Rod 'N' Reel
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod 'N' Reel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 261
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We try it time after time, month after month, year after year and we hope it gets better. It never does. Service is always poor. Always. Food is fair. View is spectular but ONE HOUR to get food is just no acceptable.

Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

We apologize that we have yet to meet your service or food expectations during one your visits to Rod 'N' Reel and can assure you that we are always striving to improve. Thank you taking the time to write a review as we love to hear guest feedback on your experiences with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

This is not my first visit and let me say that I have enjoyed previous past experiences here. But something broke down terribly wrong during this visit. The usually very good cream of crab soup was VERY WATERY but it did have large lumps of crab meat. Ordered the soft shell crab entree. One crab was warm the other COLD. Ordered Savignon Blanc received a SWEET DESSERT WINE. Ordered the Creamy Spinach side received REGULAR SPINACH. The saving grace was that we had a very good and pleasant server. This lady deserves a metal. But her team let her down on this visit. Of course the beautiful views of the water helped while we waited for our order to be corrected but it ruined the experience. Better communication and team work guys !!!!

3  Thank Donn D
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Food is excellent! Servers are very friendly and helpful!! The seafood is A-1. The menu offers many of the seafood favorites and an assortment of Salads. Something to please everyone!

Reviewed 12 May 2015

My wife, daughter and grandchild stopped here because it was on the Bay. Wanted to have a view of the water as this was our first time to the area. I found the hostess to be somewhat blasé, but we were seated promptly. They were not overly busy, which is price is it not? It is a rich and creamy finished with a touch of sherry and topped with crabmeat. It was very good, as was the bread that was brought to begin our meal. Our granddaughter had a K-Grilled Cheese for $6.99 with fries as a side. I ordered a Seafood Norfolk for $28.99. This consists of Gulf Shrimp, Jumbo lump Crabmeat and Seared Scallops seared in a garlic herb butter wine sauce served with red skin potatoes and vegetables. There was a pasta night with for $20.99 but do not recall what that entailed, sorry. We also ordered a Shrimp Salad Wrap for $14.99. this was a wrap Gulf Shrimp, with celery, red peppers, and a dill dressing wrapped in a Sun dried tomato tortilla. I had a cannoli for dessert which seemed pretty dry for my taste. Elizabeth was our server and I thought she could have been more interested in our table and whether or night we had enough water and were enjoying the meal. Nor was she to be found when it was time to check out. But the restaurant was a bit understaffed and as most were young people working there, they still have a lot to learn about customer service. All in all it was a bit spendy for quality and service but the ambiance was good.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

We specifically choose this restaurant because of excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I ordered the cream crab soup as others had raved about it. It had nice pieces of crab on a crouton (too big to fit on my spoon) floating in the soup. I was not impressed. It was a bit salty. I ordered the crab balls because of the good reviews. I could see lump crab pieces, but there was so much pepper I couldn't really get the crab flavor. It was a lovely setting with view of the Bay from the windows. Server was very nice, but service was a bit slow. They did have William Hill Chardonnay which held me through the boredom of the food.

Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience dining with us. We apologize that the flavors of the cream of crab soup and crab balls were not to your liking, but are happy to hear you enjoyed the view and wine. We appreciate all guest feedback and with share your comments with our chef and restaurant staff.