“Live music, good seafood, great views”
Review of Rod 'N' Reel

Rod 'N' Reel
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod 'N' Reel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 261
Reviewed 22 June 2015

A few us us went for the Rock The Dock music series during the summer. Our first visit, we had ten in our group. The group sat outside on the sand in front of the bandstand and danced the night away to Billy Joel Tribute band $20 cover. Gorgeous views enhanced the experience. Our waitress was friendly and kept our drink orders up to speed. Two in our group ate inside the restaurant and said while the food was good, the service was slow. Our next visit, four of us went to see Sir Rod, Rod Stewart Tribute band $5 cover. When we arrived, the thunderstorms and lightening began so we decided to eat dinner inside while the storm passed. I had the cream of crab soup $5.59, and it was great, loaded with chunks of crab meat. My entree was Stuffed Shrimp $25.99, three moderate sized shrimp packed with crabmeat, squash and zucchini on the side and rice. This was the best dinner I have had in a long time. My friends had the Salmon $20.99, they all loved it. Our bottle of William Hill Chardonnay went well with the seafood but was expensive at $29 a bottle. Over all, the food was great but expensive and I have to admit the service was slow. After dinner, the storm had cleared and we moved to the tables with umbrellas on the deck and listened and danced to the live music. Great evening out, will be back.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We try it time after time, month after month, year after year and we hope it gets better. It never does. Service is always poor. Always. Food is fair. View is spectular but ONE HOUR to get food is just no acceptable.

Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

We apologize that we have yet to meet your service or food expectations during one your visits to Rod 'N' Reel and can assure you that we are always striving to improve. Thank you taking the time to write a review as we love to hear guest feedback on your experiences with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

This is not my first visit and let me say that I have enjoyed previous past experiences here. But something broke down terribly wrong during this visit. The usually very good cream of crab soup was VERY WATERY but it did have large lumps of crab meat. Ordered the soft shell crab entree. One crab was warm the other COLD. Ordered Savignon Blanc received a SWEET DESSERT WINE. Ordered the Creamy Spinach side received REGULAR SPINACH. The saving grace was that we had a very good and pleasant server. This lady deserves a metal. But her team let her down on this visit. Of course the beautiful views of the water helped while we waited for our order to be corrected but it ruined the experience. Better communication and team work guys !!!!

3  Thank Donn D
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Food is excellent! Servers are very friendly and helpful!! The seafood is A-1. The menu offers many of the seafood favorites and an assortment of Salads. Something to please everyone!

Reviewed 12 May 2015

My wife, daughter and grandchild stopped here because it was on the Bay. Wanted to have a view of the water as this was our first time to the area. I found the hostess to be somewhat blasé, but we were seated promptly. They were not overly busy, which is price is it not? It is a rich and creamy finished with a touch of sherry and topped with crabmeat. It was very good, as was the bread that was brought to begin our meal. Our granddaughter had a K-Grilled Cheese for $6.99 with fries as a side. I ordered a Seafood Norfolk for $28.99. This consists of Gulf Shrimp, Jumbo lump Crabmeat and Seared Scallops seared in a garlic herb butter wine sauce served with red skin potatoes and vegetables. There was a pasta night with for $20.99 but do not recall what that entailed, sorry. We also ordered a Shrimp Salad Wrap for $14.99. this was a wrap Gulf Shrimp, with celery, red peppers, and a dill dressing wrapped in a Sun dried tomato tortilla. I had a cannoli for dessert which seemed pretty dry for my taste. Elizabeth was our server and I thought she could have been more interested in our table and whether or night we had enough water and were enjoying the meal. Nor was she to be found when it was time to check out. But the restaurant was a bit understaffed and as most were young people working there, they still have a lot to learn about customer service. All in all it was a bit spendy for quality and service but the ambiance was good.