“Slow and mediocre”
Review of Rod 'N' Reel

Rod 'N' Reel
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod 'N' Reel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 261
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I went here with some folks from work and was pretty disappointed overall. The one saving grace was the view. I was really hoping that my experience would be different than the other TripAdvisor folks that had a bad time, but it was more or less the same as theirs.

It took a while (15 mins) for us to get a waitress to speak to us, then it was a while (15 mins) to get our drinks. About 50 minutes passed between ordering food and actually getting it. The food was only mediocre and certainly didn't command the prices that they are charging. I got the fish and chips.

I'd suggest checking out the other food options if you are in Chesapeake Beach.

1  Thank kukrusher
Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2015

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your dining experience, although we are glad to hear you enjoyed the view. We apologize that the service was unacceptable and the wait for food and beverages was longer than expected. We share all comments with our staff as we are always striving to improve both food and service. Again, we apologize for the negative experience you had and we thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

The food is over-priced for the community and the restaurant has cut back on the portions served, while maintaining the same price. The cream of crab soup has very little crab meat in it, when it use to have a decent amount. The spinach salad is good, but they have also cut back on the amount served. Instead of being entrée size, it is now a side size. They serve cheese and crackers before your meal only if both of you order an entrée. Really? How much does 12 crackers and 2 tablespoons of cheese cost to serve? The orange crushes use to be made from real oranges, now their made with orange juice. Not the same thing. Head down the street to Neptunes, better food, better service.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

Xander was an excellent server who made gokd recommendations for food and other activities in the area. I like the crab dip. Didn't love the fish and chips but they weren't bad either. I should have asked for some Old Bay for the fries! I'd recommend the restaurant for others visiting the area. I'd give 3.5 if i had the option

1  Thank MCC1701
Reviewed 22 June 2015

A few us us went for the Rock The Dock music series during the summer. Our first visit, we had ten in our group. The group sat outside on the sand in front of the bandstand and danced the night away to Billy Joel Tribute band $20 cover. Gorgeous views enhanced the experience. Our waitress was friendly and kept our drink orders up to speed. Two in our group ate inside the restaurant and said while the food was good, the service was slow. Our next visit, four of us went to see Sir Rod, Rod Stewart Tribute band $5 cover. When we arrived, the thunderstorms and lightening began so we decided to eat dinner inside while the storm passed. I had the cream of crab soup $5.59, and it was great, loaded with chunks of crab meat. My entree was Stuffed Shrimp $25.99, three moderate sized shrimp packed with crabmeat, squash and zucchini on the side and rice. This was the best dinner I have had in a long time. My friends had the Salmon $20.99, they all loved it. Our bottle of William Hill Chardonnay went well with the seafood but was expensive at $29 a bottle. Over all, the food was great but expensive and I have to admit the service was slow. After dinner, the storm had cleared and we moved to the tables with umbrellas on the deck and listened and danced to the live music. Great evening out, will be back.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We try it time after time, month after month, year after year and we hope it gets better. It never does. Service is always poor. Always. Food is fair. View is spectular but ONE HOUR to get food is just no acceptable.

Lorin J, Marketing at Rod 'N' Reel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

We apologize that we have yet to meet your service or food expectations during one your visits to Rod 'N' Reel and can assure you that we are always striving to improve. Thank you taking the time to write a review as we love to hear guest feedback on your experiences with us.