“The Yacht Club is No More”
Review of The Yacht Club - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Thought I should share that the owners of the erstwhile Yacht Club have changed their operation into a much more casual appetizer and sandwich establisment called "Southside's Bar and Grill". I have not had the pleasure of eating there yet, but it is the same chef, so I am sure the food will be excellent. I just thought I would post a heads up to avoid anyone possibly being disappointed.

2  Thank maxanddenise

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Very good but pricey. But you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I visited the Yacht Club, which is now called the Southside Grille and Bar, several times in our three day weekend. The owners (Sherry and Greg), were incredibly friendly and welcoming. They recently renovated the restaurant after 10 years in business and it looks fantastic. We sat at the bar and talked to many locals and relaxed with a nice glass of wine or a draft beer. (Flat Tire fans - this will be available in the Fall).
Best sandwich by far: The steak sandwich - filet topped with crabmeat and horseradish sauce! Yum!
Best drink: Bloody Mary on a Sunday morning after a long day shopping and venturing about town Saturday!

Reviewed 6 August 2011

A favorite spot for several years. Owners are delightful -- warm & very friendly.
Assorted menu items are consistently very good, & cocktails are perfect, as is their wine list. Service is great.
Especially enjoy sitting out front watching Chesapeake City stroll by, or stop in.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband and I had heard good news about this place , we decided to try it on Christmas Eve. When we walked in I was not impressed. The way the restaurant is set up, every time some one walks thru the front door the whole restaurant felt the draft. and there goes your warmth. My husband tried the onion soup .He said it was very salty, I had a Caesar salad that came with your entrée . I am not sure why they called it Caesar, the lettuce was wet from rinsing it, I guess, and I have no ideal what the dressing was supposed to be. You only recieve 2 bread sticks at a time. Our crab imperial was cold ,stringy and the chicken was over seasoned with old bay. The steak had a bad taste and we returned it. Here I was hoping for a nice romantic evening with just my husband, Sorry not here.