“nice dinner and evening drinks there. Oh, an afternoon drinks also!!”

Bayard House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Nice dinner and evening drinks there, waitresses and bar tenders very efficient. Oh, nice afternoon drinks also!!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were in Chesapeake City for the candlelight tour of houses and had made an early reservation for dinner for two at the Bayard House. Tom was an engaging server, we got a seat right along the C&D Canal with the snow falling, and the food was great. He made some recommendations which we followed. Delicious, decent portions, and menu had some nice variety. I loved the Hudson River duck and my wife's yellowfin tuna was good. We had soups and a nice brussel sprouts salad. Everything topped off with coffee and cake to go as we went out on the candlelight house tour during the snowfall.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

It had been a few years since my last visit to the Bayard House, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But I was excited to find out that it is the same great food with a beautiful relaxing view of the canal. We sat outdoors since it was a gorgeous, warm October morning. The crab quiche was delicious and was made with local crab meat, not the imported nasty tasting stuff that so many restaurants use because it’s cheaper. Service was friendly and quick. Hopefully I won’t wait as long as I had this time before returning again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

6 of us went here for my wife's birthday dinner. We had been here before for brunch a few years ago and a friend told us about a new chef here and we should try it. MISTAKE. Service was slow and the restaurant part was empty.(bar was packed). Almost everything we ordered was bad. We wont be coming back here for a while.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped into town for a little shopping and decided to stick around for dinner. Bayard House is our favorite so we headed there. As usual the food and drinks were excellent but their service was even better than usual. Tom was our server and I must say he was the best we've had there yet. No small praise since we usually have great service there. I honestly can't remember a time I've had such a great guy with such a drive to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Was this guy the owner under cover??