“Do yourself a favor and skip it”
Review of New York Kosher Style Deli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New York Kosher Style Deli
Cuisines: Deli, Eastern European
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After walking into this deli you want to walk right out. The deli case had a couple of lonely dried looking meats in it and looked kind of dirty. We did not see any other place to eat in the town and were starving so we tried it. The bagels were not remotely NY-style and did not actually taste like bagels at all. If you were rating them as bread, they were fine rolls. My turkey sandwich actually tasted ok but there were gnats flying all around, the bathroom was so dirty and I just could not wait to leave. We drove past a Subway down the road and would definitely have been better off going there (and I try not to frequent chains).

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The place is dirty. The cooler doesn't have much in it. The food was just awful. The sandwich was not good. The slaw and potato salad was terrible. My husband and I had stomach issues after this visit. Please don't go here for the deli sandwichs.

1  Thank TheEasternShoreBoop
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My review is the last one posted saying how good the chopped chicken liver is. I imagine it still,is when fresh.
Update: any place that is as dirty as people find it doesn't deserve to continue selling food.
Eating while making food? Handling money and food without washing hands?
Any place that is so unwelcoming and unprofessional does not deserve our patronage.

1  Thank Michelle21620
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This place has a really strange hostile vibe about it. My meal was average -- not great, just average -- and I would usually give any place more chances than one in case it was just an "off" day, but the attitude of this place definitely will keep me from ever coming back again.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

The folks at New York Kosher Style Deli make a mean tuna salad. Very good sandwiches. This place gets busy at lunch time with the locals which is always a good sign!

1  Thank Bunny22314