Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(College Park)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttletrain stationnational mallcontinental breakfastfedex fieldminute driveyogurtmicrowaveshampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2018

This is a fine spot to spend a night or two - convenient to the metro and DC. The staff is friendly, there is breakfast and the rooms are comfortable. There is a nice restaurant right in front that apparently turns into a night spot after 10. It would be a good option for an affordable stay in DC.

Stayed: January 2018
Sarah L, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Betsy; We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your place to stay just outside DC. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, received friendly service and found breakfast as well as the restaurant on site to be pleasant as well. Our distance to DC being less than 2 miles makes us a very affordable and convenient option for those that don't want to pay the city rates. Thank you again for your business, we do hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This stay was made phenomenal by a young lady named Ashley. Seeking immediate accommodation, I walked in without a reservation. The gentleman at the desk was assisting a guest. Ashley came out from the bar, saw me in line, and assisted with an immediate check in. I was grateful for the directions she gave to find my room, which blew me away. This property would be well within its right to charge $169.99 for accommodation so the price was a steal. I got to my room, only to find that i needed a fork. Not wanting to be a worrisome guest, I sheepishly made my way back downstairs and wandered into the bar, which was so beautiful. I looked around for plastic ware, not wanting to be a pest to any employees. ASHLEY CAME OUT FROM THE BACK, SAW ME, REMEMBERED ME, AND ASKED IF EVERYTHING WAS OKAY! I humbly and quietly asked for a fork and she made my night by actually having it. Furthermore, she went the extra mile by giving me a spoon and napkin! Can you imagine the frustration of ordering food, getting to your room, getting settled in, only to discover that the place gave you NO utensils!? She was so KIND and accommodating. She didn't act annoyed or bothered by my miniscule request. ASHLEY truly stood out to me because she made me FEEL like I was interacting with a caring big sister, who considered it "no thing at all" to take care of me. People are usually so lazy and detached but ASHLEY brings the humanity back to hospitality. I just needed her name ONE time and I knew I would never forget it. Her kindness completely blew me away and I have every intention of leaving her a hand-written letter, truly thanking her because her personality and style of customer service should NOT go unnoticed. I assumed that she was the manager and if she isn't, then she needs to be. ASHLEY YOU ARE VERY RARE! A true star and this property is lucky to call YOU a member of the Wyndham Garden family! Keep that amazing momentum because you completely blew me away! And THAT is hospitality at its finest. Wear this crown because you are worth more than every word written in this review. I stay at many hotels and can honestly say that even if the rate were higher than my price range, i would choose this property over the local "Express" competitor because of the unique wow factor that they possess: a genuine young LADY named ASHLEY! Thank you!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
carlshap, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for letting me know of Ashley's great customer service. I will make sure she will be reward for going above and beyond. Ashley has show great customer service skills and we are very proud of her dedication.

Carl Shapiro

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

For the money, the hotel wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t up to my normal standards either. While there have been some updates and renovations, such as the hardwood floors in guest rooms, the overall appearance in hallways and especially the elevator, is completely shabby. The hotel staff was nice, if a bit slow/forgetful when calling the front desk with requests. The breakfast was FREE which is a definite plus and it was of decent variety. The biggest problem was there was a bug or two that we spotted in our guest room! So that alone might give me cause not to return but if it hasn’t been for that, this would’ve been a fine stay and a mid-level star hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear wmcutie04; Thank you for choosing our Wyndham Garden as your place to stay while in town. We appreciate your honest critique and apologize for not meeting all your expectations. We renovated in 2016 and continue to strive and work hard to maintain the hotel with the available resources and dedication we all share in the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found an insect in the room, this is unusual for this time of year and for our hotel as we are on a routine pest control maintenance, however, as a precaution we've asked our pest control company to check the room and take care of anything they may or may not find. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do hope you consider another stay so we can show you a better experience.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Sarah L, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

1. We had problems during checkin due to cancel reservation. Our reservation was rectified by Wyndham Reward & the checkin staff.
2. Overall, the staff are fantastic. They are attentive & pleasant. Always wonderful staying with Wyndham Hotel chain.
3. Breakfast is wonderful. A lot of sitting area. Well replenish. The staff are wonderful & helpfully.
4. The room is decent in size but the decor is outdated & they need to repair or change.
5. Hotel lobby is big & well maintained but the elevator need a full upgrading.
6. They provide shuttles to nearby train station.
7. We were out most of the time & enjoying ourselves at downtown area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Wyndham Garden Washington DC North BW Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear nahilisabtu; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while visiting nearby Washington DC. We appreciate your business and for looking for the Wyndham brand hotels during your travels. We are sorry to hear there was some trouble upon arrival and glad we were able to quickly sort that out for you and provide you with great service during your stay. I'm so glad you liked our breakfast and variety. By telling us what you did and did not enjoy about your stay you are allowing us to correct any deficiencies we have in our services. Thank you again for the feedback and for being our guests. We do hope to welcome you again next time you are in town.