US$95
US$109
HIExpress.com
US$149
US$131
All reviewsshuttle driverconference centerwould recommend this hotel to anyonebed was very comfortablecoffee makerdcmaryland
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The room was very clean. Comfortable beds and large shower. The shuttle to the metro was a God-send. Our driver, Phillip, was a joy to meet and talk with on the trip to and from the metro each day. We had booked only one night but added 2 more after we saw how great this place was. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Fernando M, General Manager at Colony South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Sharron1950,

Thanks for your nice comments about your recent stay with us at Colony South. I'm delighted with your recommendation and hope you come back soon. Please call me directly anytime, in the meantime, if I may be of service.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Great location for us - only 1 mile from our family gathering site. Hotel decor is dated, but it is well kept. Bed covers and linens were pristine white and comfortable. Shower head is low and at 5'8* I had to duck under to rinse my head. We recommend installation of grab bars for entering/exiting tub/shower. Toilet is the old standard height (i.e., it's very low) and should be replaced with a new comfort height fixture.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Patricia H,

Thanks for your nice comments about your recent stay with us. We will take your comments seriously and act upon them as appropriate for the bathroom and shower. We hope to see you back soon at the Colony South Hotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

They want to be a night club instead of a hotel. The picture is awfully deceitful. Stayed there with 300 people on an 8th grade trip while they ran a wild party that interrupted not only the sleep of everyone but the safety. The manager's response was to do nothing. God awful, never stay there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Keith M,

Thank you for taking time to note your comments about your recent visit to the Colony South Hotel. For being a chaperone on an eighth grade class trip, the heading of your commment uses language that explains just what kind of example you must set for the students you supervise. No, we don't qualify or deal with vulgarity. Take care.

Fernando

Reviewed 1 June 2017

From check-in to check-out, this was not a pleasant experience. I had reserved 4 rooms in my name for my family, but made it clear that 2 other family members would each be putting the charges on their cards. In fact, they called the day before to have their names and cards put on the rooms. The wait to check in was way too long. The representative at the front desk messed up our check-in 4 times after we had called several times the day before to make sure everything was in place and understood and after we explained to him when we arrived that we were putting 2 rooms in one name and 2 in another. Upon entering our 4 rooms, we discovered that they were still in the same condition that the previous guests left them in...beds unmade, urine in toilets (one of which was clogged), light didn't work in one room, no ironing board in one room, and carpets stained in all rooms...and this was IN THE EVENING. There was an odor in the rooms and the hallway that went unaddressed. They swiped my husband's bank card twice when we checked in, but somehow full charges for one of the rooms still ended up on MY card. We were using his card for the hotel and mine for spending money. As you can imagine, this put a dent in those plans. We were basically told that there was nothing that could be done. I'm usually not a complainer and can roll with the punches, but this was a bit ridiculous. Half of our party ended up only staying one night (and only because they couldn't get another room that late on the first night on a holiday weekend). Leaving was not an option for us because my funds were tied up with holds from the hotel (one night's hold for each of the 4 rooms and the entire charge for 1 room).

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Tarra E,

Thank you for making comments on TripAdivsor about your recent stay. I can only explain some of the complicated rules regarding credit/debit cards and hotel registrations in the State of Maryland. We hold one room per customer and under one name, which can only be guaranteed with a valid credit card in the name of the registered guest only. All of the variations you mention cannot easily be accommodated because of the amount of fraud we experience in this market in this industry. I apologize if your perception was that your request was not expeditiously accommodated, but it is a very complicated process to use different names for different rooms on different credit cards, with family reunions being the highest risk groups, which many hotels in our market won't even book. Our policies are in accordance with bank and credit card processing company policies, which have strict guidelines and criteria, if we are indeed to be paid for services rendered. Thanks again.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

So bad experience. I booked two room for two days. And they charge me one more day on the day before we checked out. And when I called them to discuss this transaction. I was told that they can't find it. I have been calling and calling. I even sent them the credit card statement. And after two month, they told me that I have to go to my bank regards that transaction. That is so ridiculous. Won't use this hotel forever.
非常差的经历。我订了两个房间两天。结果他们在我们离开前一天多从我信用卡上收了一天的钱。我回来后给他们打电话,他们居然找不到。我的信用卡账单给了他们,还是不承认,跟他们交涉了俩月,等来等去最后让我自己去找银行。不会再去这家酒店了。太不负责了。在美国第一次碰到这种垃圾酒店

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear zhangluoning,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us at the Colony South Hotel. Regrettably, in researching and attempting to validate your claims, we could not. Again, we strictly follow the policies and guidelines of the credit card processing companies and banks, which many card holders are not familiar with or understand.