“Better than expected”

Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I read other reviews after already booking and paying for our stay and was a little worried. After arriving and inspecting our room, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was perfect for our needs. Micro-fridge was a little worn but functioned properly. Microwave was cleaner than the one I have at home. :) Mattresses in the double bed standard room looked to be brand new and the sheets were spotless. Bathroom was clean and well-stocked. We stayed for three nights and the staff changed daily -- all were friendly and helpful. WiFi was spot on at all times. Continental breakfast left a little to be desired with no meat offerings but the waffle maker was a hit with the kids!

Room Tip: Inexpensive travel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

We booked 2 nights here so we could attend a birthday party. I was worried about the reviews but we've had lots of luck in the past so we went with it. When we arrived my husband went to check in and was advised they don't have an elevator...1st problem since we have a toddler and a lot of stuff to carry. We were directed to our room and to use a door at the back...2nd problem the back door is completely unsecured so anyone could walk in. We decided we would check the room out before bringing our belongings in. My 3 yr old looked terrified when we were walking in. The hallway reeked of Marijuana and the room smelled like they emptied 3 cans of air freshner to cover up who knows what problem #3!! The blankets are old and feel disgusting. We found a stain on the sheets. The so called kitchen consists of a mini fridge, a beat up microwave, sink and a 2 burner stove. No pots, pans or anything. By this time my son is standing by the door refusing to take off his coat and my daughter is freaking out cause the area is just shady. We left to collect some items we would need but decided while we were out that we were not comfortable and we would leave. The only positive is that they gave us a full refund for both nights we booked. I don't know what can be done to improve this hotel but be warned...this is a case of "you get what u pay for"

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank philalady_10
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Before arriving to the Econolodge I went to their website which showed me a rate of $55.00 plus tax I arrived to the front desk at approximately 1pm. I was notified by Shailesh Patel that "Check-in was at 2pm" I asked if I could just book my room at the desk I was then informed by Shailesh Patel that I could not book the room until check-in time at the desk although I was using my Visa for the reservation. I returned to the Econolodge after 5pm and the next representative middle aged Caucasian women with blonde hair seemed overwhelmed as she was asking me what the rate was for the night I informed her the rate I saw was for $55 plus tax. She then informed me their was no way possible their rates would be that low. She then asked if I have been there before within the past 6 months which I have and she would look up my rate which she did not find. Regardless the room was booked while checking me in the front desk agent was multitasking with me and another guess who was a guest of the owner which prolonged her check in process. The front desk agent then gave me two room keys which did not work, which cause me to go back to the desk and get the keys made again by another front desk rep. However, in my opinion the front desk agent was doing so much to where I don't believe she even made the keys. As she did not program them she handed me keys with the room number on them already. Arriving in my room the floors were dirty and the shower floor was tilted which was safety hazard. The next morning I asked to have my room extended one more night and was informed by Shailesh Patel that I couldn't extend because there would be guest coming for a Christmas party. Again the rooms were available on the EconoLodge website itself I took it upon myself to go ahead and book the room. And I inquired with why he told me the hotel was sold out if I booked the room on their website. He tells me he has no control over the website stating they have rooms and that I could not stay and that my reservation would terminate automatically. I then asked who was in charge he stated he was the GM which I find hard to believe you as a GM cannot control your own inventory. I received a email cancelation confirmation from his email which showed he cancelled the reservation. I stayed elsewhere however later that night I looked at their website and saw they still had rooms available which I find odd he would have the inventory still open if supposedly the property was sold out. Over all I would not stay again and wouldn't recommend anyone in fact if I am ever asked about this property my advice would be to stay far away.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever been in. I would rather sleep in my car next time. The beds were hard as rocks, the pillows were those you would give a toddler, and non stop noise well into the morning. I called the front desk at midnight to complain and they did nothing. People were pinging things off the windows outside our room and nothing was done. If it was possible to give a negative star rating I would give them a negative 5. I wont ever be going back there.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura-2naude
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Comfortable, Front desk very friendly, nice, easy location very conveint to main road. free breakfast and WiFi
everything you need is within close by with many different resturants to choose from. Beach was 20 minutes away with stores across the street from beach

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
3.8 km away
8.1 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
0.5 km away
TownePlace Suites Clinton by Marriott at Joint Base Andrews

Been to Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B.

Address: 7851 Malcolm Rd, Clinton, MD 20735-1713
Region: United States > Maryland > Clinton
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Price Range: $77 - $105 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Andrews A.F.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clinton Econo Lodge