“Wonderful!”

Ranked #69 of 95 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This place has been my parents favorite spot for a few months now. I finally was able to stop in for dinner this week, and totally understand why! Food was wonderful! The tandoori chicken was so well cooked. Everything was full of flavor, even though we got everything very mild. The Indian feast definitely is the way to go. There are so many wonderful choices for a very inexpensive price. Service was a little slow, my only "complaint". But all the servers were so nice and the owner even nicer. Definitely will be back soon!

1  Thank Anna G

Reviewed 20 January 2017

There are two Indian restaurants in this area, this one and Café Spice. We prefer India Palace because it is quieter, less formal and more family friendly. We go for dinner, and also for Sunday lunch buffet. We have never had a bad experience here. The staff is very friendly to me and my son and make us feel very welcome.

1  Thank MLR531
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Just went for date night on 9/25/16. The place was completely empty but they seemed busy with carry-out and delivery orders. The service was SO friendly and quick. We never had to ask for a single thing the entire meal. The food was DELICIOUS. My husband ordered saag paneer and I had chicken tikka masala. They spiced his up per his request. Some sauces and crackers came before the meal (their name eludes me). For dessert we ordered the kulfi, both mango and pistachio. They were both phenomenal but the pistachio was amazing! I very highly recommend checking this place out. We plan on heading back to check out their brunch which happens on both Saturday and Sunday. Very highly recommend. So much better than the delivery place we used to frequent in Towson.

1  Thank Joanna R
Reviewed 24 September 2016

I was traveling from San Diego to a work meeting in Hunt Valley this past week and found myself arriving late, without a car and very hungry. I used the Yelp Ap to find someplace nearby that would deliver to my hotel, and India Palace fit the bill. After I placed my order, the proprietor called to say that he didn't have a driver, and asked that I come in to pick up my order. I explained that wasn't possible and he then arranged for someone (maybe a friend of his, IDK?) to deliver my meal. The rest of my trip was full of unexpected mis-adventures, so I really appreciated this little bit of special customer service. If you're in the mood for dessert, try the KHEER, it's mild and creamy and not too sweet.

1  Thank Mangiaduo
Reviewed 17 March 2016

On a quiet Tuesday night we decided to have Indian for dinner. There was only one other table occupied, a family of four, when we arrived. A member of the family that owns the restaurant waited on us. The cuisine is from the Punjab region of India and has a variety of items, some from the "tandoori" oven, but also many items in rich buttery "gravy." We ordered an appetizer for two, a meat kabab which came with lamb, sausage, chicken and a couple of shrimp. All were probably cooked in a tandoori but then had a rich gravy ladled on it. It was very good and very filling. We were also served some papadum, a thin, slightly spicy wafer, that was a little stale.

Our main course, Lamb Saag for me and Lamb Biryani a spicy lamb dish smothered in spicy basmati rice for my partner. Lamb Saag is lamb in a mildly spicy spinach sauce. Think of it as creamed spinach with lots of spice. You can order it in various levels of heat. My partner said the lamb in her dish was a little dry, but when I tasted it I thought it was okay. Tandoori cooked items, particularly chicken can get a little dry. I thought the spicy rice was excellent as was the lamb saag.
A desert dish for both of us was Kheer, a creamy basmati rice pudding which had just been made and was still warm. Outstanding.
I don't know why there were few people that night except we were told that as the week goes by it becomes busier.
You can also bring your own wine. I did not check if there was a corkage fee.

1  Thank Steviesnaps