“Fun for all ages”

Got a photo?
Add it.
ShadowLand Laser Adventures
Reviewed 16 August 2017

One of my grandsons was visiting with my wife and I in early August (2017). We always enjoy taking our grandchildren out to do something that they (and we) enjoy. Our grandson suggested going to play Laser Tag. I knew my daughters played Laser Tag when they were younger so I searched for a place near us to play. I found ShadowLand Laser Adventures in Columbia, MD. The price didn't seem outrageous so we went to lunch then to ShadowLand. It cost $8.50 per person for a 15-minute session. If you buy additional sessions at the same time the price per session goes down. We figured if we enjoyed it, paying for another session would be okay.

We were given a fairly brief introduction to the laser vests and the laser pistol. You have to press two triggers at the same time to fire the laser pistol. We were put on one of two teams; Green and Blue. My grandson and I were on the Green Team and my wife was on the Blue Team. Without further ado, we were released into the Play Area which consisted of a ground floor with "hiding places" and various ramps to higher levels.

Before the session started, everyone was running to various places. When the action started, it was wild. After getting my bearings and realizing the keeping my vest "under cover" (which was difficult), I had an absolute blast. While moving up the ramp, you need to keep low to protect you vest. If you are patient, you can see the lights of the vest coming up or down the ramps by reflecting off the black walls. Using that tactic and my "cat like reflexes" I was able to help my team (Green) win the session. And I accumulated the most points while my grandson scored the second most points.

It was an absolute blast. However, at my age, a 15-minute session was sufficient for the day.

Play hard and have fun!!! Remember, strategy pays big dividends!

By the way, they also serve big groups and Business team building sessions.

1  Thank rbart48