Review Highlights
Great outdoor venue for concerts

This pavilion has been around for around 30 years and is still a good concert venue. Plans are to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Columbia_Ted
Columbia, Maryland
Free parking!

We like Merriweather because you can truly get great seats very close to the stage for a lower cost... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018
Melaney68
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland

All reviews concert venue lawn seats outdoor venue food and drinks nice venue jazz festival favorite bands great concert great sound sound system summer concerts parking lot big name open air under cover only complaint across the street
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We went to see Kenny Chesney/Old Dominion recently. I followed the instructions as indicated for pre purchasing our parking pass. I selected lot 3. It was close to the entrance. No problems getting there as it was well marked. Upon entering the lot there was a sign up that stated that we were not allowed to tail gait in this lot. Worse, a security guard kept driving around the lot in a golf cart telling us that we were not allowed to tailgate there as well. He indicated that we would have to carry all of our stuff to a another lot (not close buy, or over a creek). Apparently the lot is used by local business'. I respect that. My problem is that they did not indicate this any where through the purchasing experience. They need better communication. One employee even told me to just go in and buy my beer's inside. At 10$/beer, no thank you. Tailgating is just such a big part of the overall concert experience for me and my family. Just be aware when you get your parking pass.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Love how people give it bad reviews based on the weather or because water is cold in the sink. This venue is amazing!!! The crowds’ behavior is not the venue’s fault. The place is very nice and the new roof is beautiful. There is still a phase 2 coming and things will get much better. Great artists attend this venue. We’re lucky to have it so close to home.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I attended with my adult daughters who remember seeing Kenny at Merriweather several years ago as teens. We had a fantastic time! Old Dominion was a great opening band. Kenny never fails to make the crowd happy! The bathrooms were fine and the staff very polite. Can't wait until Kenny comes back next year! Such a wonderful night!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Merriweather Post Pavilion is an excellent venue in the Washington, DC area for these reasons:

1) Location: It's in between two major cities- Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, attracting music fans from both cities. If you're coming from Washington, D.C., the drive is just under 40 minutes. If you want dinner beforehand, I recommend eating in DC beforehand where the restaurants are plentiful. Another option is going to Cava or Red Robin, both in a subdivision eight minutes away driving from Merriweather.

2) Parking: Music venues are notorious for parking. It's often far away, disorganized, confusing, and over priced. Not at Merriweather Post Pavilion. When you buy your tickets online, you can also get a parking pass for free. It reserves you a spot in a parking garage close to the venue that's easy to navigate and well organized.

3) Venue: The space itself is set up well. The pavilion is open air with a covering over the top to protect fans from rain. Those seats go for more because it's close to the stage. The cheap tickets put you in the lawn area just behind the pavilion. This spot is perfect for a date, because you can bring blankets and lawn chairs and have a picnic. It is harder to see the stage, but they have jumbo screens for lawn fans to view the concert.

4) Food and drink: To the left, right, and behind the lawn are stands and trucks selling concert food (nachos, hot dogs, etc.), snacks (funnel cake, etc) and drinks (water, local beers on tap, margs, etc). If you have a sweet tooth, I recommend shelling out $15 for a half strawberry (sweet) and half lime (sour) ice marg. It's so good and comes in a bigger cup.

Out of all the venues in the DC Metro area, this is one of my favorites.

1  Thank austing536
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the show but it's not enough Security! If you have any respiratory problems do not attend! People smoke everything there even though it's not allowed they still do it and no one there to stop them! I recently had an bad experience due to the fact I have asthma Unfortunately I will not be attending next year because of this!

5  Thank God L