“Amazing Middle Eastern Food”
Review of Maiwand Kabob

Maiwand Kabob
Ranked #35 of 269 Restaurants in Columbia
Description: In addition to the original Maiwand Kabob at Harper's Choice, this site combines a fine dining room experience with the takeout options & extra menu choices and specials.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had a wonderful lunch. I chose two appetizers my friend selected an entree and we shared it all the Baba Ganoush, hummus with naan and mantou were delicious. My only disappointment was their sweet pumpkin appetizer wasn't available. It was still cooking. The restaurant does a very nice lunch buffet which I have had in the the past and is very good and a good value. If you enjoy this kind of food I encourage you to try this restaurant you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Great place for lunch. Delicious wholesome food. The place is clean and staff is hospitable. Avoid busy times as it can be vey busy.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Maiwand Kabob in two months. The lamb, chicken and beef are all delicious! Both times I had enough food for two meals. So, it is a little pricey ($13 - $15 per meal), but if you divide by 2, it's no more expensive than BK or McDonalds!! The first time I got it to go and the second time we dined at the restaurant. It was a little noisy--young kids--but that didn't stop us all from enjoying the food. The chicken rolls were out of this world and the service was outstanding. The only reason I didn't rate 5 out of 5 was the noise level and it is serve yourself soda from the fountain; although the man that did bring us our dinner offered to refill our drinks! Looking forward to having my leftovers tomorrow!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife and I had dinner here a couple days ago and had another wonderful dining experience. We both ordered lamb dishes which were totally delicious. Our server Alex provided us with excellent service.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Came to Maiwand since it's supposed to have great kabobs. We got the beef kabob and chicken tikka. The basmati rice was excellent. The beef kabob was good but a bit rubbery. The chicken tikka was very good. The spinach side was just okay. But the chickpea side was very good.

The restaurant is very basic. For lunch we ordered at the counter and food was brought out to it.