“Appetizers Better Than Dinner”
Review of Ale House Columbia

Ale House Columbia
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Columbia
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Myself and 2 colleagues ate here for dinner while in town on business. There was a good crowd, but the place is big and we were seated right away. Service was good.
It was happy hour and we got the nachos for happy hour pricing and wings (full price). The appetizers were really good, the nachos a great value for happy hour. I had a strawberry Mojito for happy hour and it was ok, kind of weak. I had the Cuban sandwich which was just ok. It was very oily to handle. We also had the southwest salad which was good, and the shrimp tacos that were just ok. The tacos were said to be spicy, but apparently they were not spicy at all.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"choices"
"brunch"

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Family from out of town wanted to meet in the middle for a Father's Day dinner and we were pleasantly surprised with our choice. The food was very good- we stuck with sandwiches as it was an early meal but we got plenty to eat. The Cubans were well seasoned and the bread very tasty. The brisket sandwich was moist and flavorful. I loved the fries! They were very accommodating to help the healthier eaters make better choices for their sides. And the desserts- they were the bomb! Not to mention the excellent choices in beers. All in all good dinner. My only complaint was the cold. The air conditioning was way too high for my comfort- and for my elderly father.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been working next door to this place for months now. Fabulous food, my favorite is the roasted red pepper and goat cheese flatbread, it is phenomenal. The tex mex rolls I recommend as well as the Thai shrimp. Drinks are always made nicely and if you love to try out different flavors and brews of beer, this is the place to go. I could go here anytime, but I like to go Wed and Thurs nights as Bev will be your bartender and she is amazing. Love her!! And you will too!!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Great business lunch, excellent food and the range of ales means a return visit is compulsory!
I had a superb steak and fries, colleagues had burgers, a seared tuna noodle special and a salad. All cleaned plates so there's the score!