“Fair at best”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Very limited menu, basically sushi and rolls- they were good, atmosphere was fair. Very doubtful we will be back due to limited menu no bar just wine

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stopped here for lunch. My friend had sushi and I had a 'box' lunch. It was way more food than I expected. Food was very good and the service was excellent

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Sushi Sono had been our go to place for many years. Live away from Columbia now, but get back occasionally. Hadn't been there in 6-8 months. Went for dinner and they were not up to standard. Several menu changes - very little eel is now available, which was always a favorite. Also no yellow tail cheek, though that is not always on the menu. Service was very rushed, and the servers made several errors in the order, though it was written and reviewed with them. They also were pushing us to order more beer than we cared to drink. Sushi was only ok, the fish had little taste, almost like pre-cut. The best roll was all vegetarian. They were busy, but that's common as usually does not affect the service. Hope this was just an off night, but right now, there are better choices in the area, unlike before.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Lived in the are a while but never tried here despite hearing great things. I was disappointed! We sat at the sushi bar, fun to see all the options people order and the chefs at work. Waited about 30 min for table although it was Father's Day so that wasn't bad. Next time will make reservations. Love all the sushi we tried, also had dumplings and tempura apps that were very good. Would like a better wine list, but sake list was decent - just not my thing. Will be back for take out soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I have been dining at Sushi Sono for over 10 years. and it is the best! Super friendly service. Custom rolls that are better than any I have has elsewhere. You will meet other repeat customers that and anxious to share advice on their favorites. You won't be disappointed.