“For the best Margherita Pizza, this is it!”

Bertucci's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #47 of 265 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We are fairly regular diners at the Columbia Bertucci's. It is more than a pizzeria, serving a wide range of Italian food. However, Margherita pizza is their signature dish, which compares favorably with the pizza you get in Italy. At lunch time, you get complimentary all-you-can-eat salad, in addition to the piping hot rolls and olive oil. The main entrees and desserts change frequently, so there is always something new to try. Overall, the food is very good and the serve staff are generally very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

I have dined twice now at Bertucci's in Columbia in the last 2 weeks and have had the same experience both times.

First the food. The first time I had a calzone. There was nothing wrong with it, but it was uninspired. It just didn't have a very tasty flavor to the pepperoni and sauce that I had in it. The olives and whole garlic cloves were good. Both times, my dining companion had the Bolognese Spaghetti and gave it high marks. The second time I ate there, I had the white pizza with mushrooms. This was delicious! Very good and having been baked in a fire oven gave it the final touch to make it good. The warm rolls were really good too, but they need to put more of the spices and herbs in the oil they bring to the table.

Both servers left much to be desired. Both times there were issues not only with our food but with other tables. The staff seems to be contentious with one another and the management seems to be lacking. The first time, my calzone was actually delivered to another table where it was cut into and then brought to me with the manager fully aware, as we could see the whole issue unfold. Both servers were surly through most of the meal and took out their frustrations on the diners. The second time, the pizza that was ordered to go for another individual by my dining companion was put in by the server incorrectly. He had to be reminded that we even had one ordered one and then got combative over the fact that he inputted the order wrong. The manager did come to the table and took the cost of the to-go pizza off the check, but he had a similar attitude to the servers.

I can forgive issues but only if the staff seem to understand, take ownership and do it tactfully. Not sure I will be back even though the food was decent.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Our family decided to stop in here for dinner tonight, and we had great service, and great food. I ordered a spinach salad with grilled salmon and strawberries and got a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and it was out-of-this-world good! The rest of the family ordered a roasted mushroom pizza with asiago cheese, and a pepperoni pizza, both of which were awesome. Add a couple glasses of their sangria and there you have it! Utterly splendid! Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great Italian food options. Nice place for lunch or dinner. Family friendly, with kids meal options.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Food was fine.but service was slow and that was just for takeout that was ordered over the Internet. Thankfully my husband looked at the receipt before leaving. They forgot 2 of our items.