“too salty”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i ordered chicken picatta. it was so salty i could not eat it. i guess the chef doesn't realize to use less salt when adding capers to a dish. service was great. food came out quick. pasta did not seem fresh.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and her friend went there for an early dinner while shopping at the mall. There was a wait to get in due to capacity restrictions. Once in, they got a booth so it was good for socializing. With the buy one, get one for $5, my wife got the eggplant parmigiana and brought home lasagna for me. She said the eggplant was average. To me, the lasagna was nothing special at all; pre-made, pre-packaged, didn’t taste all that good, and had an over abundance of salt. I’ve had better frozen lasagna from the grocery store. My wife said the service was very good. Based on my lasagna, it reminded me of why I haven’t dined there for years.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank jaimeelsabio
Reviewed 25 September 2020

While shopping at the mall, stopped by to eat here on a whim. To be honest my expectation was standard fare italian food. I was pleasantly surprised my expectations were far exceeded.

Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered Calamari Fritte as a starter and it came quickly and was not frozen and rubbery. It was perfectly soft on the inside and crunchy outside and the sauce was robust and not watery, from a jar.
We each ordered entree's and the waiter suggested we try the Dinner for Two deal so we did. I had Chicken and Spinach Manicotti and my spouse had Rigatoni D. Both were divine. The sauces were perfect, mine buttery and rich and hers a great balance of mushroom and wine. The pasta was al dente, not over cooked and falling apart, everything was made well and you could tell the kitchen knew their stuff and cared about the quality of food. The atmosphere was fine and everything was clean and pleasant. My spouse thought it was the best pasta she had ever eaten and she loved the music they played (1950's). The dessert was cheesecake and again, very well done with a nice strawberry puree that took it to the next level.

Overall a very good experience, very good food and service and the price is outstanding for the amount of food and quality. It's sadly too often I feel I even get sub par food or service in most places I go to these days even when I spend twice the amount and it is a treat to find a hidden gem and walk out with a full stomach and content with my dining experience. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 28 June 2020

Outstanding food ...I didnt wait at all
The bread in olive oil and parmesan cheese Nikki made was soooo good...she is very friendly and fun ...my spaghetti was excellent
Go here ask for Nikki it's well worth it

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Food great, ambiance great, wait reasonable, service could be better. The issue was service. The waiter became less responsive as the evening went on. Didn’t wait for appetizers to finish before bringing the main course to table. Never asked if the food was good; asked if we wanted desert. Most other servers (for us too in previous visits) today packed the leftover food, but not us. We like Maggano’s, and so we will go there again but will keep this experience at the back of our mind. Yes, we have gone to Maggiano’s in many locations all over the country. So, we know what we expect at the chain

Date of visit: February 2020